Missing 'locfriendlyname'

Discussion of our XCOM 2 mods
dasmo78

Missing 'locfriendlyname'

Post by dasmo78 »

All of my new classes are showing a "missing 'locfriendlyname'" error whenever I try to promote them with any of the new skills and some of my units won't even level up. Anybody else seeing this or have a fix for it? I'm using a Mac non-Steam version of the game and followed Feral's advice of dragging the mod folders into the Mods folder within the preferences folder.
Amineri

Re: Missing 'locfriendlyname'

Post by Amineri »

It sounds like it can't find the localization files for some reason. If you are using English version, it should be locating the *.INT files to pull in localization text.
NightDeep

Post by NightDeep »

-edit: double post
Last edited by NightDeep on Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
NightDeep

Post by NightDeep »

Hi, I'm also getting the same problem.

I also get "Unable to find or load package 'LW_Perk_PCS_DamageControl' to cache perk content archetypes" among other errors, if that helps.

It's a manual installation of the LW Perk Pack into a mods folder of the normal pathing of C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\XCOM 2\XComGame\Mods

Thanks if anyone knows how to make the Perk Pack work!
Amineri

Post by Amineri »

You might try forcing your config files to re-merge. I'm not sure how/why this can still be a problem, but sometimes it still crops up.

The simplest one-time fix is to delete all of the "merged" config files in the My Games / XCOM 2 / Config folder.

An alternative way (which I and the testers sometimes use) is to run with the commandline arguments -regenerateinis .
Tanryoku

Post by Tanryoku »

Hello,

I actually have the same Missing "locfriendlyname" bug.

Manual installation, I tried with just the 4 long war mods installed it doesn't change a thing. I saw the answer about the localization files but I'm not sure what to do exactly to solve that. Am I supposed to copy the *in file from the mod's localization folder somewhere ?

I also have another issue for the toolbox one, I can't find the options, the text appears when I start a new game saying that it will be in the main menu, but I can't seem to find it.

I don't have anything under "interface"

Thank you, sorry about the rambling,

I'm looking forward to playing with your mods again !
Zyrrashijn

Post by Zyrrashijn »

@toolbox: Did you look for the options while ingame? You have to load a save/start a new game, the options won't show from the main menue.
Tanryoku

Post by Tanryoku »

Yes I have looked for it within the game. I actually tried looking from the main menu, within the game, during a mission and on the map.