Mod Request: LW2 version of "Both Perks when Leveling Up"

For technical discussions and help
Maebalzurakin

Mod Request: LW2 version of "Both Perks when Leveling Up"

Post by Maebalzurakin »

I like lots of mods, but "Both Perks when leveling up" is/was one of my favorites.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... both+perks

Unfortunatly, it does not work anymore with LW2. I love LW2 and cant go back to vanilla, so I am hoping that someone can make a mod, fix this mod, or tell me how to fix this mod. Apparantly, the author "the entire population of Ukraine" has abandoned it.

Why? I just really like being overpowered and the choices are too difficult. It was bad enough in vanilla when I had to choose between two perks, but now there are three! I want it all. I wouldn't mind working for it. Maybe I get a choice of 1 when I level up, but every 10 missions or 50 kills earns me one of the others. That would probably make th mod a bit more difficult.

I know zero about modding, but I am guessing that somene with the tools could open the old mod and make an alteration so it works with LW2?
Kiddo

Re: Mod Request: LW2 version of "Both Perks when Leveling Up"

Post by Kiddo »

I don't exact answer for it, just a half solution.

You can shuffle skills in XComClassData.ini file, meaning, you can replace a skill from one rank that you don't need as much with something more useful from another rank.

For that you would need better text editor, i'd recommend Notepad++, so you don't mess up anything. Its free and good for editing ini files.

The file is located in Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\268500\844674609\Config.

You'd have to make sure, if you decide to go with that, to leave commas and parentheses intact, as messing that will cause problems.
Third skill, unlike the first two, doesn't have comma right after the parentheses, something you'd have to pay attention to.

Hopefully someone will find a better solution.
The worst prison is a closed heart.