My project is missing a title, help!

For technical discussions and help
cerebrawl

My project is missing a title, help!

Post by cerebrawl »

I've been diving into creating a soldier class, I have been following tutorials and everything.

I thought I was done, everything fine, builds with no errors... but the game crashes when I try to debug it.
Tried using the alternate mod launcher... and I noticed it's missing a title. But I can't find where to change this in the SDK.

I'm at tearing-out-hair stage in trying to figure this out.

EDIT: After a few more tries of just building and clearing, and publishing to workshop, it inexplicably gained a title and now works. There were no other bugs.
cerebrawl

Re: My project is missing a title, help!

Post by cerebrawl »

After working a bit more with the SDK, looks like this is a persistent bug for me. The debugger function does not work from within the SDK, always causes a crash, and I need to build the mod and run it outside of the SDK, publishing it may be a necessity too. This debugging function apparently does not give the mod a title until it's saved as a mod file, while it's still a project it is not yet assigned a title, not even when the debug function creates a build.

On the plus side my soldier class mod is essentially complete. I just need to colour correct the icon to better match the default ones(exported icons are too dark after being edited and reimported and my current version overcompensated slightly so it's a bit too light instead, using my own custom icon), then get a screenshot of a fully leveled up member of the class from the armory(easy), and write a more verbose mod description for the workshop.
cerebrawl

Re: My project is missing a title, help!

Post by cerebrawl »

Can't find any solution to the initial problem, however if I subscribe to my own mod and use that(without moving it), it works.

It's only when it's in the mods folder that it breaks, and yes, moving the subscribed version to the mod folder re-breaks it.

So at least I can share my mods on the workshop...