I want to make a mod, a very special mod....

For technical discussions and help
Ogarious

I want to make a mod, a very special mod....

Post by Ogarious »

At least for me. I've looked around. And there is no mod for Luke Skywalkers voice. Nope to expand on this a bit, I'm a rather older gamer. And as many people are, a huge fan of Star Wars. There is already a Jedi Mod for Xcom 2. I'd like to make one with Luke Skywalker. It's a little silly, I'm sure.

Now my questions are this, exactly how would I go about making a voice mod. My search fu is a bit weak, added to the fact that Xcom 2 is a few years old, so not in the limelite with a lot of Modders... So instructions are hard to find. I'll get the files. What I need to know is what to do with them once I have them.

And I also understand that there is presently a memory leak connected to Xcom 2 with Voice mods. Can I get some details as to the what and how of it? I'm sure I cant fix it for Firaxis, but with some knowledge I can minimalize it for this mod.

Also, while I'm at it. I want to modify a certain class to make it unable to use any weapon but the shotgun. Throw that little bit of tech out there as well if you can.