Adding new abilities

For technical discussions and help
lynx54321

Adding new abilities

Post by lynx54321 »

Hello I'm hoping I can get some help.

I've got a new class I want to add with some custom abilities I've thought up. I've added the class no problem but no clue where to start with abilities so hoping someone can advise or direct to a tutorial.

First ability I've got in mind is one allowing a soldier to throw a flashbang at the start of their turn without it costing any action points.
lynx54321

Re: Adding new abilities

Post by lynx54321 »

Right a quick update, I've succesfully managed to create an ability that gives the soldier an extra flashbang, I'm starting to get to grips with ability adding but still not much idea of how I'll accomplish the original aim of letting the soldier throw a flashbang at the start of the player's turn for no action point cost.

Another question: Is there any reason that when I move my new extra flashbang ability so that it should be the perk received at squaddie rank the game just shows a blank abillity with missing localisation text for that squaddie. It appears fine when set to be any other ranks ability.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

We've got some stuff along these lines in PerkPack, so you should be able to adapt those to your own uses once it is out.
lynx54321

Post by lynx54321 »

Sweet. Cheers for the reply Johnny. Have we got an ETA anywhere yet?
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

Nope, sorry.
lynx54321

Post by lynx54321 »

Ok cool, I thought you'd be keeping that close to your chest.

Are you able to hint whether we're talking weeks or months though? I'm going to keep persisting with trying to make my own abilities but if the PerkPack is going to drop relatively soon then I won't bother.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

And it's out :)
lynx54321

Post by lynx54321 »

Hi I need some help again.

Basically I'm trying to rebuild the four vanilla classes using abilities from the perkpack but I don't want the expanded skill trees for now just the original two sided trees.

What is the easiest way to get the perk pack abilities into my mod without the expanded skill trees? Would it be possible to release a literal perkpack for modders with none of the custom classes or UI changes? Similar to the Xmodbase mod released by Xylthixlm.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

Only assign two perks per level. PerkPack UI doesn't require exactly three, just a max of three.