Drones

For requests, ideas and general mod talk
Opticalx

Drones

Post by Opticalx »

Where to begin...

Now feel free to flame the shit out of me, but I strongly feel these units are over tuned early on.
My biggest problem with these things is how they can be right up in your face and right next to a soldier and miss the most easymode shots on them.. I've had 3 guys stood around 1 and all miss shots! It makes me rage so much. The hit chance needs to be normal on these.
Next - Stunner.. this ability is really insane, 4 turn stun early on really ruins game play so much, this needs to be lowered to 2 at the most 3 I would be content with but 4 turns when mission timers are so harsh already is dam right unfair.

The 2 things above are my biggest gripes with the unit, the fact that his thing has 1 armor and its basic attacks basically flashbang your troops is something I can deal with but please re-balance this unit. Its too strong for starting new games, and when you get more that 2 its 100% game over.
warbrand2

Re: Drones

Post by warbrand2 »

drones are really easy to deal with. The FOUR following ways will almost instantly take one out of a fight.

WAY ONE: haywire, even a low rank soldier can stun a drone, once that is done the shot % doesn't mean anything as long as it is over 1% you are going to hit.

WAY TWO: SHOTGUN, seriously a single soldier with a shotgun can take out a drone no problem at 1-2 range it is a 100% hit chance no mater difficulty.

WAY THREE: MELEE, seriously any melee attack will take them down in one hit.

WAY FOUR: AP rounds, you get them early in the game and their bonuses are really freaking useful.
faleg
Long War EU Crew

Re: Drones

Post by faleg »

I disagree, the drones are easy to deal with, but need tactic adjustment.

You can haywire the drone easily, by the way, useful tip - disabled drone while concealed WILL NOT brake concealment, so you can run past it, and carry on as if nothing happened - the drone will just resume it's patrol - and thus you don't even have to slow down your mission if it's on timer and you cba to fight and make noise.

You can use grenades if you really have to, makes a lot of noise.

Shotguns are absolutely boss at killing drones, despite the armour, and you can take AP ammo or slug shot perk to make drone a complete joke.

Combat protocol one shots the drone easily.

Revival protocol removes the 4 time stun, no problem.