Infinite campaign

For requests, ideas and general mod talk
SoberPotato

Infinite campaign

Post by SoberPotato »

I realy enjoyed LW1 late game, stretching walkthrough as much as possible.
As far as i remember, aliens researches/strengths was capped. This fact, and almost perfectly balanced late game brought me hundreds hours of joy, also as one lost summer :D

Vanilla xcom2 rip this feature, turning the game into infinite rush.
In LW2 im currently assaulting my first adent HQ to reveal doom timer.
Is there any mission that will completely cut Avatar project support and stop the timer?
Or we probably will see those type of mission?
Or its the global game concept, which you guys absolutely support and will never touch?
Whole mod is just piece of art, and i know that we will see dozens of new balance fixes and additions, as it was in LW1, but im almost sure im not the one, who love stretching lategame, instead of rushing finish line.
Or, probably, next vanilla expansion give me answer? :D
sentinel

Re: Infinite campaign

Post by sentinel »

Keeping the doomtimer at bay should be made possible. Not easy but with a little bit of effort to put in.
Absolutely in favor of this idea.
Bill365

Re: Infinite campaign

Post by Bill365 »

I can't really tell if it is "infinite"? but I set the fortress doom generator to zero in the ini's, and that gives a nice manageable pace on the doom clock. Sure, it's "cheating", but I'm not playing to compete with the computer. Just to have fun. I don't really care if I "win" the game at all. But I sure do like playing the late game. In fact, I've been in late game for quite a while now, and it occurs to me I haven't really gotten going on the golden path. It's entirely possible that I could stretch the run out a looooooooonnnngggg time, and get to create lots of fun characters in my army.
=)