Question about Mod Compatibility.

For requests, ideas and general mod talk
Thanatos

Question about Mod Compatibility.

Post by Thanatos »

Hello everyone.

Yes, I'm new here and really just registered to ask this question:

Does anyone know if there's gonna be a big compatibility issue with those 1.2 mods being used with version 1.3?

Maybe it would be possible to get a compiled list of any mods beta testers used with no problem (once all is said and done, before release of 1.3)?

or perhaps some idea of what mods surely be broken? I'm not talking about any kind of exhaustive list, but just to get a general idea.

Please understand, I'm more of a casual kind of player with Xcom and not a modder, so I only have a rough idea how mods work in a general sense. I'm in the process of starting to learn more, but I'm not there yet.

Thanks.
deaconivory
Long War 2 Crew

Re: Question about Mod Compatibility.

Post by deaconivory »

Thanatos wrote:Hello everyone.

Yes, I'm new here and really just registered to ask this question:

Does anyone know if there's gonna be a big compatibility issue with those 1.2 mods being used with version 1.3?

Maybe it would be possible to get a compiled list of any mods beta testers used with no problem (once all is said and done, before release of 1.3)?

or perhaps some idea of what mods surely be broken? I'm not talking about any kind of exhaustive list, but just to get a general idea.

Please understand, I'm more of a casual kind of player with Xcom and not a modder, so I only have a rough idea how mods work in a general sense. I'm in the process of starting to learn more, but I'm not there yet.

Thanks.
sorry, just noticed your question. Initially after any mod update there will be a few days of sorting out any conflicts (there are simply too many mods to test every possible configuration), in this case there were not any major issues, but there are some minor lingering issues with some UI mods. Otherwise, you are pretty free to use anything that suits your fancy. I always suggest that you read the description and comments section for any mod that you install.

Some tips here: http://www.pavonisinteractive.com/phpBB ... 20&t=25841