Any way to ressurect my game ?

Gorgon

Any way to ressurect my game ?

Post by Gorgon »

So I have been playing long war 2 the last few days and enjoying myself when the game just ended with the avatar project completed. I had no doom tracker, no mention of the avatar project at all, possibly because I had not completed one of the first missions 'find a lead' which is a prerequisite. I thought I played a few of those missions where the reward was 'find a lead' but I might have lost those I suppose.

Most unwelcome really that you have no sense of how much in a hurry you are early on. I tried the config change thing you can do to ad more pips to the doom tracker but it didn't help. I don't have a doom tracker yet.
Devon_v
Long War EU Crew

Re: Any way to ressurect my game ?

Post by Devon_v »

Gorgon wrote:So I have been playing long war 2 the last few days and enjoying myself when the game just ended with the avatar project completed. I had no doom tracker, no mention of the avatar project at all, possibly because I had not completed one of the first missions 'find a lead' which is a prerequisite. I thought I played a few of those missions where the reward was 'find a lead' but I might have lost those I suppose.

Most unwelcome really that you have no sense of how much in a hurry you are early on. I tried the config change thing you can do to ad more pips to the doom tracker but it didn't help. I don't have a doom tracker yet.
Check the console commands. I believe there's one called RemoveFortressDoom which takes pips off the doom track.

Unlike vanilla the AVATAR project starts from day one. You find out how far along they are when you learn about it. I believe you learn of it when you hit the psi tower in a region you are liberating.
Gorgon

Post by Gorgon »

What are the prerequisites for liberating a region. Radio towers in all segments ?. I played at least one of those missions where the reward is a 'lead'. This did not result in a facility lead I could research. Is it supposed to ?

I'm reasonably far down the research chain already. I have unlocked but not built the whatsitcalled chamber for plot based research but not built it yet, cant afford it.

Also I haven't seen any alien hunters. I got the weapons but not the mission. Did the mod change those triggers. Both DLS are early on in the vanilla game.
LeaderEnemyBoss

Post by LeaderEnemyBoss »

Gorgon wrote:What are the prerequisites for liberating a region. Radio towers in all segments ?. I played at least one of those missions where the reward is a 'lead'. This did not result in a facility lead I could research. Is it supposed to ?

I'm reasonably far down the research chain already. I have unlocked but not built the whatsitcalled chamber for plot based research but not built it yet, cant afford it.

Also I haven't seen any alien hunters. I got the weapons but not the mission. Did the mod change those triggers. Both DLS are early on in the vanilla game.
"Find a lead" missions can have different leads. Some just lead to a scan site. Others initiate the "Liberation" Questline.

How do you now know you activated the Liberation questline you ask? As soon as missions pop up, that have "Liberation: blabla" as reward. Do some of these and you will eventually find a regional center. If you fail these, new ones will spawn eventually. Get enough rebels on intel duty to accelerate the process. Scanning the region you want to liberate with the Avenge accelerates it further.
Devon_v
Long War EU Crew

Post by Devon_v »

Radio towers definitely have nothing to do with it. I just located a regional complex without one.
infidel901

Post by infidel901 »

I haven't gotten this far, but that is a serious bummer. Maybe this event shouldn't start on day one?
Gorgon

Post by Gorgon »

The console thing helped, (I think) I'm stuck on the first stage of the liberation now but it's pretty hopeless, I'll never make it to the hackable console, reinforcements dropping every other round and I'm barely holding on.

Playing on normal, I'd hate to think what a harder difficulty would actually entail. Managed to get enemy strenght down to 6 after two successful ambushes but it's nowhere near enough.

By the way was I supposed to get PSI chamber from Sectoid autopsy or is there some other prerequisite, because I didn't. Having no PSI troopers is a serious loss.