[SUGGESTION] show max infiltration % when choosing squad

Lorkenpeist

[SUGGESTION] show max infiltration % when choosing squad

Post by Lorkenpeist »

:idea: Pretty simple: in the squad loadout screen before starting infiltration, show the maximum infiltration % I can reach if I wait until the mission expires, not just the number of days to 100% infiltration. It would be great to be able to easily tell if I can take a Shinobi instead of a Grenadier to get that extra reduction in enemy strength.

EDIT: does it take exactly twice as long to get 200% infiltration, or is additional infiltration slower after you reach 100%?
Tuhalu

Re: [SUGGESTION] show max infiltration % when choosing squad

Post by Tuhalu »

Infiltration doesn't slow down, so 200% takes exactly twice as long as 100%. The benefits come more slowly after 100% though. There are only 3 breakpoints (including 200%) past 100%, whereas there are 12 breakpoints before 100%.

It would be nice if you didn't have to do the math though.
mmCion

Post by mmCion »

That would be nice. however I imagine there might be some issues as to why it was not incorporated.

I've noticed the times are not 100% accurate, maybe it has to do with travel time of firebrand, or some other reason.

But I'm with you, it would be nice :)
Tuhalu

Post by Tuhalu »

mmCion wrote:That would be nice. however I imagine there might be some issues as to why it was not incorporated.

I've noticed the times are not 100% accurate, maybe it has to do with travel time of firebrand, or some other reason.

But I'm with you, it would be nice :)
Yes, it doesn't incorporate travel time (so you usually get a little less time than you think) and the break points are slightly randomized, but at least you'd have a ballpark idea.
Lorkenpeist

Post by Lorkenpeist »

Tuhalu wrote:Infiltration doesn't slow down, so 200% takes exactly twice as long as 100%. The benefits come more slowly after 100% though. There are only 3 breakpoints (including 200%) past 100%, whereas there are 12 breakpoints before 100%.

It would be nice if you didn't have to do the math though.
Thanks for the reply. I read that infiltration bonuses are slower after 100%, but it wasn't clear whether that just meant fewer break points, or if it also meant actual percentage grows slower. Knowing that will make my life a little easier and maybe even save a few rookies :D