Gatekeeper's Re-animation bomb thing

nightwyrm

Gatekeeper's Re-animation bomb thing

Post by nightwyrm »

The Gatekeeper's re-animation bomb seems very bullshit to me. It can do it constantly on Yellow Alert without its pod activating and can literally shoot it thru walls without LOS to its target.
JulianSkies

Re: Gatekeeper's Re-animation bomb thing

Post by JulianSkies »

It works the same way that the Sectoid Commander's Mass Reanimation does, it'll target any bodies it can see as long as it is on yellow alert.
Due to the way most combats go you are usually standing on a pile of dead bodies, though, since you're advancing forward through the area you cleared, so it'll wind up clipping a few people even if it can't see you.
RXTXK

Post by RXTXK »

I've also seen it kill lots of advent when it targets corpses around where they are so works both ways...
nightwyrm

Post by nightwyrm »

JulianSkies wrote:It works the same way that the Sectoid Commander's Mass Reanimation does, it'll target any bodies it can see as long as it is on yellow alert.
Due to the way most combats go you are usually standing on a pile of dead bodies, though, since you're advancing forward through the area you cleared, so it'll wind up clipping a few people even if it can't see you.
Well this particular Gatekeeper shouldn't be seeing anything since it's inside a UFO, behind the walls of the central room. My Shinobi was keeping an eye on it to make sure my dudes don't have LOS to it....
aimlessgun

Post by aimlessgun »

Yeah the Gatekeeper and Sectoid Commander rezes ignore LOS and are extraordinarily long range (possibly they have no range limit at all?). Sectoid commanders in the final room of Waterworld were trying to rez bodies at the spawn :lol: