[REQUEST] Add number indicator after Basic Research, Engineering Research.

BaseJumper

[REQUEST] Add number indicator after Basic Research, Engineering Research.

Post by BaseJumper »

Hello Long War 2 developers!

Could you please add a number indicator after Basic Research, Engineering Research, and any other research that are repeatable.
Like this:

Basic Research 4
Engineering Research 2

Would make it easier to remember how many times, we have repeated the above research items.
seananigans

Re: [REQUEST] Add number indicator after Basic Research, Engineering Research.

Post by seananigans »

BaseJumper wrote:Hello Long War 2 developers!

Could you please add a number indicator after Basic Research, Engineering Research, and any other research that are repeatable.
Like this:

Basic Research 4
Engineering Research 2

Would make it easier to remember how many times, we have repeated the above research items.
On the topic of these researches, am I correct in understanding their ONLY effect is to reduce the number of engineers/scientists required for certain projects? I dumped a good amount of time into "Basic Research" projects (and later a couple of Engi) thinking it'd speed up my research times, or in the case of Engi, reduce materials requirements (description mentions being able to do more with less)? But after reading some posts on here and other places, I seem to have wasted all of that time, as I have plenty of sci/engis and have never bumped up against a pre-req preventing me from doing a research project. I think at this point I'm 3 deep into the Research one, and 1.5 deep into Engineering since I paused it as soon as I came across some info. Bunch of wasted time :(
Jadiel

Re: [REQUEST] Add number indicator after Basic Research, Engineering Research.

Post by Jadiel »

I'm pretty sure the Basic Research one does actually increase your research speed (it's basically an extra scientist, though obviously can't be assigned to work in a facility). I don't think the Engineering one does anything except reduce requirements though.