XP questions

Nibelung44

XP questions

Post by Nibelung44 »

There is a XP throttling feature that prevents gaining more than on rank per mission. But are the excesses XP lost or waiting for the next mission?

If they are lost, does it means that if you are short of 1 XP to get a rank, you basically waste all that is gained during a mission?

And last but not least, someone knows the ratio of XP gained between killing an alien and finishing a mission? Is it a 1:20 ratio, 1:50, 1:100?
seananigans

Re: XP questions

Post by seananigans »

My only input is that in X1/LW1, there was throttling but you'd stop at 1pt away from the NEXT rank, so no, it wasn't wasted unless you were racking up some serious XP in one mission -- barring rookies of course, it was pretty easy to go from Rookie 0xp to Squaddie 99% XP in one mission.

Assuming they didn't have any sort of huge paradigm shift, I'd guess it works exactly the same. As for the LW2 ratio of mission to kill XP, I'm not even sure if anyone's dug that information out of files yet, I think there's just been general indications from Pavonis.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Re: XP questions

Post by johnnylump »

Nibelung44 wrote:There is a XP throttling feature that prevents gaining more than on rank per mission. But are the excesses XP lost or waiting for the next mission?

If they are lost, does it means that if you are short of 1 XP to get a rank, you basically waste all that is gained during a mission?

And last but not least, someone knows the ratio of XP gained between killing an alien and finishing a mission? Is it a 1:20 ratio, 1:50, 1:100?
It's waiting for the next mission.