duplicate shen last gift tower mission [spoilers]

modjo

duplicate shen last gift tower mission [spoilers]

Post by modjo »

Not sure if this is a bug or intended but I got that mission available twice, here goes:

Month 2 or so I get the cinematic where Shen fixes up a rov-r, this brings up the tower mission on the geoscape.
At that point my roster is strechted pretty thin so I decide to sit on it until I gear up a bit and some guys recover.
In June I get a mission prompt on the geoscape, strange signal, go investigate. This is the exam same mission!

I really don't think that mission should be available twice.
LordYanaek

Re: duplicate shen last gift tower mission [spoilers]

Post by LordYanaek »

It shouldn't. There are bugs with both DLC PoIs, they have been reported, the devs are trying to fix them and there's already plenty of threads to discuss them. Short version : you can do "Lost Towers" several times and get several sparks but don't do "The Nest" twice as it bugs out!
modjo

Post by modjo »

Aye thanks. Is there a way to remove the duplicate mission from the geoscape? Some command or save edit or something?
Dwarfling

Post by Dwarfling »

If I leave the mission up but never complete it will another Lead give me another tower mission? Because I want other stuff (like facility leads) and while free SPARK (and experience cuz the mission is super easy after mag weapons) is nice, I don't want to abuse a bug.
LordYanaek

Post by LordYanaek »

Whether you complete it or not you might get other PoI or not.
In my current campaign at one point i started to get duplicate "Recovered Cargo" (the PoI that gives you hunter weapons), The Nest never showed (so i will finish the campaign without having encountered any ruler) but i couldn't get any other PoI even after recovering multiple copies of the hunter weapons (and i only use the 2 shadowkeepers in fact).
I finally got the Lost Towers once rather later but the spark leveled up pretty fast (possibly due to the new soldiers bug) but after that once, i got no PoI at all!

So do as you want, the entire PoI system is currently very buggy. Consider the free sparks a compensation for the other PoIs you missed/will miss. :)
seananigans

Post by seananigans »

Yeah I can confirm that you will indeed continue to get more ROV-R PoI's regardless of what you do with existing Lost Tower missions. My current campaign has 2 Lost Towers on the map, one ROV-R signal I haven't bothered scanning, and this is after completing two entire LT missions and getting 2 free SPARKs. At one point I had all 4 Lost Tower missions on the map at the same time.

I'm in November, still zero Alien Nest or Ruler activity, despite receiving the weapons cache PoI in March. Le sigh.
modjo

Post by modjo »

i wouldnt mind but that tower mission was long and not much fun/challengging, it would get old fast I think.

reminds me a bit of the chryssalids mission in xcom EW (crash ship site in newfoundland) but at least that was fun! Every time was slightly different and there was different paths you could take to reach the target, enemy pods would move around etc...
Sir_Dr_D

Post by Sir_Dr_D »

And really their is only so long one can tolerate Jullian or whatever his name is.