1.3 close range accuracy tables?

trihero

1.3 close range accuracy tables?

Post by trihero »

In one of xwynns recent videos he mentioned something like

"all shotguns are getting +20% aim to their close range attack tables, and the other guns are getting +10%, in patch 1.3"

What I want to know is: will swords also be getting an aim buff, and if so, how big is it? It's only fair. If it doesn't, we revert to the vanilla issues of shotguns being more accurate and doing more damage at point blank which makes swords even more irrelevant (as it is, they are pretty irrelevant to mutons and mechs already).
Jadiel

Re: 1.3 close range accuracy tables?

Post by Jadiel »

trihero wrote:In one of xwynns recent videos he mentioned something like

"all shotguns are getting +20% aim to their close range attack tables, and the other guns are getting +10%, in patch 1.3"

What I want to know is: will swords also be getting an aim buff, and if so, how big is it? It's only fair. If it doesn't, we revert to the vanilla issues of shotguns being more accurate and doing more damage at point blank which makes swords even more irrelevant (as it is, they are pretty irrelevant to mutons and mechs already).
Hmmm, not sure I understand your point. In Vanilla, the sword/shotgun comparison made sense, because the same class had both. In LW2, Shinobis very rarely carry shotguns, and if they do, it's because they're built a specific way which means that the comparison is unfair. Are you arguing that with this change (and no sword buff) Shinobis will all use Shotguns? Because I really can't see that happening...

I don't see any intrinsic reason (from either a balance or a realism point of view) for demanding that swords deserve an accuracy buff just because firearms are getting one...
trihero

Re: 1.3 close range accuracy tables?

Post by trihero »

I think the point is rather easy - if guns are getting a close range accuracy boost because they are "supposed to hit" close targets, then swords also deserve the same buff because they are also "supposed to hit" close targets. That's balance.