ok so whats the secret to 'Find a Lead'

ElementUK

ok so whats the secret to 'Find a Lead'

Post by ElementUK »

Played over 200 prob 250 missions. 'Find a Lead' missions I assume are the only way to get facility leads. My games really dragging on because I'm obviously missing something. The exact way to actually get that vital lead in those missions seems to be variable, because sometimes I'm not allowed to Skullmine an Officer but others soldiers are fine; even though the 70% chance of success is extremely frustrating as it wierdly cannot be improved. So we have a 70% of a 'find the lead' being successfull?
Surely we don't have to liberate every single province to move further along the tech tree to getting hold of an Avatar or even the Facility that gives you the suit? Ok so what am I missing please.
JulianSkies

Re: ok so whats the secret to 'Find a Lead'

Post by JulianSkies »

Okay, so there are two things:
The Find a Lead objective refers to the liberation chain, you seem to know of it already.
For facility leads you want missions with an Intel Package, those are either facility leads or points of interest.
In both of those cases all you need is mission completion.
josna238

Post by josna238 »

The ingame info about liberation progress is not very clear in my opinion. I´ll try to explain as best as I can with an example. Liberation is a chain of missions.

For example: Winning a "find the lead" mission unlocks the "Liberation: Rescue VIP" missions, winning one of these unlocks the "Liberation: Capture enemy VIP" missions, winning one of these unlocks the "Hack Tower" mission and winning this unlocks the "Destroy facility mission".. And winning this you lliberate region and already can put your first rebels in supply jobs to make them worth. This is just an example, there are other "Liberation type" missions for each step, if you want to know you should dig on ufopaedias and forums.
Tuhalu

Post by Tuhalu »

Find a Lead is not as helpful as you'd think. You also need to check the rewards.

If one of the rewards is Intel Package, you could get: a Point of Interest, a UFO landing site or you could get the researchable Facility Lead item. If the only reward is some amount of Intel, then the Liberation 2 mission may be unlocked.

The only way you can tell if you successfully unlocked the Liberation 2 mission is to check for a circle next to the regions name in the Resistance Management screen (from the Command menu in the Avenger or the Radio Tower at the bottom of the screen in the world map).

The wiki has similar information: http://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php/Miss ... n_Missions
deaconivory
Long War 2 Crew

Post by deaconivory »

ElementUK wrote:Played over 200 prob 250 missions. 'Find a Lead' missions I assume are the only way to get facility leads. My games really dragging on because I'm obviously missing something. The exact way to actually get that vital lead in those missions seems to be variable, because sometimes I'm not allowed to Skullmine an Officer but others soldiers are fine; even though the 70% chance of success is extremely frustrating as it wierdly cannot be improved. So we have a 70% of a 'find the lead' being successfull?
Surely we don't have to liberate every single province to move further along the tech tree to getting hold of an Avatar or even the Facility that gives you the suit? Ok so what am I missing please.
Here's my Long war 201 post: http://www.pavonisinteractive.com/phpBB ... 20&t=23754
LordYanaek

Post by LordYanaek »

Looks like you are really confusing several parts of the game and i'm not sure you actually need any sort of "Lead".
  • If you are stuck in the Storyline, have a look at this UFOpedia page and/or tell us exactly where you are stuck (maybe list the objectives shown in the top-left corner of the screen).
  • If you need to find a Facility Lead to try and disrupt the Avatar Project, then missions with an "Intel Package" reward in areas you know are housing a facility are your best bet, skullmining is an option to get Facility Leads but most of the time you'll just get some Intel.
  • If you are actually locked somewhere in the Tech Tree, it has nothing to do with missions at all. You might need to do some Autopsies or maybe you don't have enough Scientists.
ElementUK

Post by ElementUK »

Thanks for the replies. I had no idea that the 'find a lead' missions merely led to the other mission types. Its not exactly explained anywhere. Like I said my game is very advanced just going round in circles. I'll follow the multiple mission types and see where that takes me. I was getting desperate enough to start thinking we had to skullmine a General or something. Cheers