How to go back to 1.2

ivans

How to go back to 1.2

Post by ivans »

How do I downgrade to 1.2? I've installed LW2 1.2 using steam workshop subscribe and today it was automatically upgraded to 1.3.
I want to finish my campaign with version 1.2
johnnylump
Site Admin

Re: How to go back to 1.2

Post by johnnylump »

All our old versions are available on the Nexus.
Kontaro

Post by Kontaro »

Which nexus? Nexusmods doesn't have even 1.3, it doesn't have ANY long war 2 on it, only the packs released prior to lw2
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

Long War 2 is here: http://www.nexusmods.com/xcom2/mods/633/?

As I noted on another thread, I haven't put 1.3 up yet because we're watching to make sure it's stable.
jcmsharks

Post by jcmsharks »

I realize this is not really an issue that you should be considering as developers, but I have played long war for a while now in conjunction with a number of other mods that help me get the most from Long war 2.
Those mods, however, are not all available at nexusmods and I am not currently aware of any means by which I can cross-mod the game via both steam and nexusmods. If anyone can provide a tip or two in that regard I'd be grateful.

In all seriousness though, I would have appreciated either having the option to roll back to 1.2 via steam or being able to choose when I initiated a 1.3 campaign.
I have no idea what release-restrictions modders are working under with steam as partner but at this point, I'd essentially love seeing a separate long war 1.2 mod that I could install instead. If for nothing else, then because that would make life easier for me. Especially considering that the 1.2 files seem to still be in existence.
fowlJ

Post by fowlJ »

jcmsharks wrote:I realize this is not really an issue that you should be considering as developers, but I have played long war for a while now in conjunction with a number of other mods that help me get the most from Long war 2.
Those mods, however, are not all available at nexusmods and I am not currently aware of any means by which I can cross-mod the game via both steam and nexusmods. If anyone can provide a tip or two in that regard I'd be grateful.

In all seriousness though, I would have appreciated either having the option to roll back to 1.2 via steam or being able to choose when I initiated a 1.3 campaign.
I have no idea what release-restrictions modders are working under with steam as partner but at this point, I'd essentially love seeing a separate long war 1.2 mod that I could install instead. If for nothing else, then because that would make life easier for me. Especially considering that the 1.2 files seem to still be in existence.
I'm not sure what difficulty you're having combining mods from steam and the nexus, but there's nothing special you need to do - nexus mods go in the XComGame/mods folder, workshop mods get subscribed to on the workshop, and you should be able to activate both of them normally from the game launcher.
jcmsharks

Post by jcmsharks »

I could have sworn that the long war 2 file was not displayed through the game launcher after installation via nexusmods.

But after unsinstalling, rebooting and reinstalling everything from scratch, the file showed in the launcher as it should. The name of the mod in the launcher is LW_overhaul so I suppose I may have missed that the first time around. Or done something in the wrong order. I dunno.

In any case, things are running just fine now. Thank you for your assistance. :)