Any way to revive a KIA soldier?

Dlareh

Any way to revive a KIA soldier?

Post by Dlareh »

Playing Ironman, on a Smash and Grab a sectoid mind controlled my Shinobi from the far side of the map behind the building. I could no longer see the sectoid, and everyone was too far behind to deal with it (or so I thought)

So I did the only thing I saw available, which is to run up my assault and stun gun the mind controlled Shinobi point blank until I was able to reach the sectoid next turn with my team.

Turns out, there was actually a way to get my Ranger to run all the way over, see the sectoid, and both barrels it away that same turn. Huzzah.

Except that while this released mind control, the assault's stun never went away from my Shinobi for the whole rest of the mission, and he could take no actions. Not even evac after I teleported him to the evac zone.

Thus there was no way I could save him with console commands that I know of, and he's KIA for no reason now :(

(Edit: should have maybe tried sedating with a medkit, didn't think of that)
Excitement continues to build as city centers across the globe prepare for the latest incarnation of Groundhog Day.
Manifest

Re: Any way to revive a KIA soldier?

Post by Manifest »

There's likely a more roundabout way, like simply spawning and customizing a new soldier and giving them more xp.
tracktwo
Long War Dev

Post by tracktwo »

Soldiers not recovering from stun/disorient/etc after mind control is removed is a known bug that will be fixed in the next patch. Consoling yourself a new soldier like Manifest mentions is probably the easiest way.
Dlareh

Post by Dlareh »

Yeah, though how do you directly spawn a solider?

I gave myself 15 supplies for a new recruit and consoled him to SGT. So -1 recruitable and lost the A team leadership history, but oh well
Excitement continues to build as city centers across the globe prepare for the latest incarnation of Groundhog Day.