Balance

Psieye

Re: Balance

Post by Psieye »

JulianSkies wrote:
Skyro wrote:
Psieye wrote:It's definitely a luxury for the Legendary economy (I presume, never tried L myself). It's nice when combined with Predator, Will to Survive and a lot of +Def/Dodge to enable the graze tank. My 20 graze-band campaign would love to have them once I get to them. But in a world of "I'm always poor, I must always alpha strike, if I can tank any 1 hit I'm good" then yeah tac vests have no ground to stand on.
It's actually not that great since optimally you don't want to take any non-abalative damage at all to reduce injury times, and armor doesn't affect abalative damage. TBH the only time I've really found an armor stacked dodge tank useful is on big supply raids/HQs where I somehow got myself stuck in some multi-pod engagement where I needed the tanking.

IMO better to increase accessibility than buff it to any significant degree.
You should read Psieye's posts about his campaign. Not sure how it'd hold up on Legendary but as it is he basically has almost an entire barracks just of people that are there to take damage and rotate on role of tank.
While that 8-man GOp frenzy was on Veteran, I am optimistic I can apply it to Commander too. The 8-man GOp squad is usually a regular (for my playstyle) 5-man GOp squad with 2 snipers and 1 spec added on. In other words, my regular 5-man GOps try to always have a snapshot sniper, a shinobi and a spec (of any build). Since all the damage is expected to come from the snipers (who nearly always get amazing flanks), I don't particularly care what class the remaining 2 bodies are, merely that they stack armour. Hence by cannibalising other 5-man GOp squads I have an excess of expendably-woundable bodies to wear the armour and the 8-man GOp squad takes on nearly every GOp worth doing.
My three 8-man GOp squad Commander campaigns:
1st
2nd
3rd