DLC Compatibility

fowlJ

DLC Compatibility

Post by fowlJ »

Hey - not sure how much you can get away with talking about at this point, but I had a question: The standalone LW mods (in particular the Laser Pack and Perk Pack) have no built in compatibility with the Shen's Last Gift DLC, so you still have the vanilla SPARK perk tree and no additional weapons. Will this remain the case for LW2? (And, in full awareness that you might be less likely to be able to answer this one, is Alien Hunters changed or extended by the mod also?)
johnnylump
Site Admin

Re: DLC Compatibility

Post by johnnylump »

Yeah, I do need to tread carefully here.

Long War 2 will work with or without the DLC. DLC elements are adjusted to fit in with the scope of the mod for those who have them. We didn't add a bunch of new stuff (like Spark weapons for our tiers) that are DLC-related because new art assets are extremely time and resource-intensive, so we decided we'd direct our efforts toward stuff everyone will be able to use.
PureGoldx58

Post by PureGoldx58 »

I know this will be far in the future, but do you have any plans on expanding the mod to incorporate the DLC options like Sparks similar to what you guys did for EW?
fowlJ

Post by fowlJ »

PureGoldx58 wrote:I know this will be far in the future, but do you have any plans on expanding the mod to incorporate the DLC options like Sparks similar to what you guys did for EW?
I'm pretty sure "DLC elements are adjusted to fit in with the scope of the mod for those who have them." means they already did that in some way or another, they just didn't make changes that would require a whole bunch of new art assets.