Long War 2 Modular?

xenoaroe

Long War 2 Modular?

Post by xenoaroe »

Currently, Pavonis has developed a number of mods entited "Long War [X]." With the announcement of a Long War 2 and the existence of long war branded mods already out there, I wonder will Long War 2 be a modular collection (the individual elements of long war 2 can be indepednetly used) of related mods or will an additional full conversion mod be released?
johnnylump
Site Admin

Re: Long War 2 Modular?

Post by johnnylump »

Long War 2 will be one big mod. Our prior mods were essentially our modular releases, although they've been integrated, updated and balanced for Long War 2.
xenoaroe

Post by xenoaroe »

johnnylump wrote:Long War 2 will be one big mod. Our prior mods were essentially our modular releases, although they've been integrated, updated and balanced for Long War 2.
Okay, so LW2 will incorporate the prior mod releases then?
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

Yes, people should not use our other mods with LW2. (You'll be warned in game if you do)
xenoaroe

Post by xenoaroe »

johnnylump wrote:Yes, people should not use our other mods with LW2. (You'll be warned in game if you do)
Great. Thank you guys so much for making Long War 2. I am really looking forward to it. Huge fan of your other xcom 2 mods.
Badman_bacon777

Post by Badman_bacon777 »

johnnylump wrote:Yes, people should not use our other mods with LW2. (You'll be warned in game if you do)
Will voice and cosmetics be viable? and will other modders be able to mod Long War 2 to something different?
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

I should emphasize I said people shouldn't use *our* other mods in the above post, because we've incorporated (and altered) their functionality in Long War 2; trying to load AlienPack and Long War 2 is a bad idea and the game will tell you not to.

Beyond that, we've done our best to make LW2 moddable. With what's out already there, some will work, some would need updating and some won't work. Just depends on the mod and the technical steps used to create that. I doubt cosmetic stuff and voicepacks will pose a problem.