Changes to the Geoscape/Avenger layer

LordCommander

Changes to the Geoscape/Avenger layer

Post by LordCommander »

Dear JohnnyLump
Are you going to improve the mechanics of the XCOM 2 avenger section? The biggest complaint that I have heard (and expressed) is that the Avenger/Geoscape layer was quite liner. Yes I do believe that their should be an amount of time before the mission vanishes along with the reward and yes I do believe that new ones should pop up from time to time so you can have enough missions for XP and other resources: however having to wait for monthly missions guerrilla ops or a supply missions (and have 24 hours to do it) instead of conducting operations on your own terms seems weird since you are fighting a guerrilla war against a global wide military. Just would like to hear some ideas from you and the crew.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Re: Changes to the Geoscape/Avenger layer

Post by johnnylump »

This stuff we can't talk about yet.

But I'm going to say it here, and say it many times: Read the in-game archives. (Remember our read the readme chant with the original Long War? That kind of stuff is in-game now. But people gotta go read 'em to learn about the new mechanics.)
mattprice516
Long War 2 Crew

Post by mattprice516 »

johnnylump wrote: Read the in-game archives.
Read the what now?
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

Read the what now?
THIS IS WHY YOU LOSE.
Yopt(bI)4

Post by Yopt(bI)4 »

Okay, so different question not about restricted geoscape info.
In LW1 we play with very big soldier roster. But in vannila Xcom2 this roster is very small for many players and if you lose some favorite operatives - it is a tragedy for campaign.
So what strategy roster will be in LW2 about hire recruits? As many as LW1 cuz operatives gets some old good fatigue? Or small groups of favorites fighters?
Sorry for bad english.