Range indicator for throwable items

Ivan Rajic

Range indicator for throwable items

Post by Ivan Rajic »

I wanted to include this in some other thread, but none seemed to be appropriate for the question. Will you be including new commands? Specifically, I was thinking of an indicator of the range for throwing or shooting grenades, and such. The command I had in mind would work in the following way:

1. You shift + click on a throwable item/ability.
2. Your cursor's functionality changes in the following way: the tile over which you hover your cursor now represents the center of the explosion or whatever else the ability entails.
3. The tiles around that central tile that would also be affected are marked in some way, say, they light up.
4. Additionally, all the tiles from which you could throw your item to that central tile, are indicated in some way, say with some circle.
5. To exit this ability, you click the left mouse button, or some other convenient button.

So, if "C" is the central tile, "x" are the other affected tiles, and "o" are tiles from which you could throw the item to "C", it would look like this:

ooooooo
oooxxxooo
oooxCxooo
oooxxxooo
ooooooo

I think this would be an enormously useful feature, and way easier than counting tiles, if it's doable, and you guys have the time to create it.

Thanks!

EDIT: I just realized that I did not explain why this would be useful, though I'm guessing it's obvious. I would use it in a situation where I want to go to a position, but I also want to know whether from it I could reach a tile with a grenade or some similar item/ability.