Optimisation?

Badman_bacon777

Optimisation?

Post by Badman_bacon777 »

How does the mod run when compared to vanilla?
johnnylump
Site Admin

Re: Optimisation?

Post by johnnylump »

That's probably too broad of a question to meaningfully answer. We turned off one vanilla optimization setting because it was causing LOS through walls and ceilings, so missions may load a little slower. We did a very significant rework of what the game archives and that sped up savegame loads massively (as they were getting big with all the stuff we added).
OhGod

Post by OhGod »

johnnylump wrote:because it was causing LOS through walls and ceilings
Is this the bug where aliens see / attack you through visibly solid walls / ceilings? If so this could be my favourite change right there - number of times I've taken cover by a 2 story wall and something on the wrong side of a sloped roof 2 buildings over somehow sees me through 4 walls and a floor! Do I take it this can that really be fixed by a mod?! I'd love this for the base game.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

OhGod wrote:
johnnylump wrote:because it was causing LOS through walls and ceilings
Is this the bug where aliens see / attack you through visibly solid walls / ceilings? If so this could be my favourite change right there - number of times I've taken cover by a 2 story wall and something on the wrong side of a sloped roof 2 buildings over somehow sees me through 4 walls and a floor! Do I take it this can that really be fixed by a mod?! I'd love this for the base game.
I can't promise this is a 100% effective solution but it does seem to help a lot. This mod makes that change for vanilla: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =844147782
Mickey -renraw-

Post by Mickey -renraw- »

Oh now that is a god send, you people are miracle workers :D

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cjm2YMIWEAA8BZd.jpg:large
Krzysztof z Bagien

Post by Krzysztof z Bagien »

Game seems to stutter a lot at loading missions and Avanger and loading times seem slightly longer (but that's to be expected and it doesn't really bother me; BTW hitting Caps Lock to speed up return from a mission still works :D), but otherwise runs smoothly both in tactical and in Avanger.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

Three suggestions for improving performance via menu options:

1) Disable V-Sync
2) Disable "Bloom"
3) Set AO to "Tile-AO"
Zyxpsilon

Post by Zyxpsilon »

4) Match your Graphic settings within the PC hardware capacities. Low-Res might be ugly but it helps.
5) Video-Card == most recent Driver.
6) Ram + SSD + solid Windows infra-structure + Turbo mode(s) via external Utilities.

:D