Long War 2 released for PC!

johnnylump
Site Admin

Long War 2 released for PC!

Post by johnnylump »

It's up on Steam Workshop now. I'll get it going on Nexus shortly. Will also start organizing the forums here.
Yopt(bI)4

Re: Long War 2 released for PC!

Post by Yopt(bI)4 »

Big Thanks for your work guys!
Sorry for bad english.
OhGod

Post by OhGod »

Whaaa?! But I've got hours...HOURS...left at work. :(

Looking forward to it! Congratulations and thanks guys and gals.

EDIT; Just found the Reddit post on mods, so previous question about True Retroactive AWC no longer relevant.
Last edited by OhGod on Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ZutCorp

Post by ZutCorp »

thank you!
Krylos

Post by Krylos »

Congratulations!
Jeckhyl

Post by Jeckhyl »

My wife will hate you. You know that.
kairoradeus

Post by kairoradeus »

I wonder how difficult it will be to change value this time... I still am unable to change stuff in the toolbox to my liking like I used too in the first long war >< maybe someone better then me at modding will do a tutorial to help! Would be nice.... also, cant wait to try it out~ I needed a change from total war warhammer! Nice ideas btw guys, I love the twist on the strategic layer!
mattprice516
Long War 2 Crew

Post by mattprice516 »

OhGod wrote:I believe there are some large AWC changes and while I don't need a detailed post (unless you were going to anyway?) of the changes; can I assume that a mod like True Retroactive AWC no longer makes sense? I'm generally very light on mods, but this has been my only 'must have' so far.
Without spoiling how it works, that mod does not make sense with LW2. I think you'll enjoy the reason why. :)
Chasarsis

Post by Chasarsis »

Do we need the other mods from you guys activated, or is Long War the only one that needs to be turned on?
mattprice516
Long War 2 Crew

Post by mattprice516 »

Long War 2 includes all previous PI mods, balanced and revamped.
MaybeRobot

Post by MaybeRobot »

My computer died days before LW2 was announced....still not fixed...the universe hates me
Jeckhyl

Post by Jeckhyl »

MaybeRobot wrote:My computer died days before LW2 was announced....still not fixed...the universe hates me
It's really too bad : just played the very first campaign mission and it's really nice.

:twisted:
mmCion

Post by mmCion »

Thank you so much! I predict many sleepless nights with Advent crushing my poor soldiers.

QUESTION: you guys mentioned someone going over 500 mods to see what would work with LW2, kind of like an unofficial "compatible" list (yes I understand everything might still break). I cannot find that list anywhere....where should I look?

Thanks again guys! <3
Chasarsis

Post by Chasarsis »

mattprice516 wrote:Long War 2 includes all previous PI mods, balanced and revamped.
Oh gosh I'm so excited o_o
MaybeRobot

Post by MaybeRobot »

Jeckhyl wrote:
MaybeRobot wrote:My computer died days before LW2 was announced....still not fixed...the universe hates me
It's really too bad : just played the very first campaign mission and it's really nice.

:twisted:
...salt in the wound :D

(critical hit! - "I'm not feeling so good!")
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

mmCion wrote:Thank you so much! I predict many sleepless nights with Advent crushing my poor soldiers.

QUESTION: you guys mentioned someone going over 500 mods to see what would work with LW2, kind of like an unofficial "compatible" list (yes I understand everything might still break). I cannot find that list anywhere....where should I look?

Thanks again guys! <3
Set up a resources thread with this information.
Hakmeister

Post by Hakmeister »

Faced a pod of an ADVENT Trooper, Sentry, Officer and Gunner. Flashbanged all four of them. All four of them shoot my soldier in cover, all of them hit her. Went from full health and armor to bleeding out in one enemy turn.

Thanks Pavonis, the first of many deaths.
Amineri

Post by Amineri »

Hakmeister wrote:Faced a pod of an ADVENT Trooper, Sentry, Officer and Gunner. Flashbanged all four of them. All four of them shoot my soldier in cover, all of them hit her. Went from full health and armor to bleeding out in one enemy turn.

You're quite welcome!

You may notice we've increased the chances of bleeding out.
mattprice516
Long War 2 Crew

Post by mattprice516 »

Hakmeister wrote:Faced a pod of an ADVENT Trooper, Sentry, Officer and Gunner. Flashbanged all four of them. All four of them shoot my soldier in cover, all of them hit her. Went from full health and armor to bleeding out in one enemy turn.

It was all those ETA requests.... :o
8wayz

Post by 8wayz »

Just wanted to drop by and say a big Congratulations to Johnny, Amineri and the rest of the team!

I finally managed to finish the regular Xcom 2 a month ago and was snooping around to see what is going on with Long War. Seems there is a lot !

Please let me know if and where an official wiki is planned and I will see what I can do to populate it. ;)
Desslok

Post by Desslok »

Cheers guys for the prompt release ! seems that "extremely soon" was indeed true :)
I picked up the remaining DLC i didnt own as a substitute for paying long war cash.
/salute
Frozen Shepard

Post by Frozen Shepard »

8wayz wrote:Just wanted to drop by and say a big Congratulations to Johnny, Amineri and the rest of the team!

I finally managed to finish the regular Xcom 2 a month ago and was snooping around to see what is going on with Long War. Seems there is a lot !

Please let me know if and where an official wiki is planned and I will see what I can do to populate it. ;)
Check the UFOpaedia for a long war 2 wiki. It has all official XCOM games and long war 1. There isn't much on it right now but that should change over the next couple of weeks.
8wayz

Post by 8wayz »

Hey Frozen Shepard,

Having a look at the UFOpaedia, the Long War 2 page was just created today!

Good news, since I am quite familiar with the layout and have worked already on the Long War 1 wiki.

Now all I need to know is how to extract some assets from the mod, especially icons, so we can put them on the wiki.... :)
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

Thanks for the heads up about the wiki, will start promoting.