So far, so good - but one little thing...

Arcalane

So far, so good - but one little thing...

Post by Arcalane »

So I'm liking what I'm seeing so far, but one thing really jumps out at me-

The Technical class and its Fireman tree seem really awkwardly named, given their focus(es). I like the idea of the class, it just has a really weird name. :?

That minor concern and having to root out a complete of minor mod conflicts aside, things seem fine so far. Looking forward to getting properly stuck in to LW2.
Amineri

Re: So far, so good - but one little thing...

Post by Amineri »

Arcalane wrote:So I'm liking what I'm seeing so far, but one thing really jumps out at me-

The Technical class and its Fireman tree seem really awkwardly named, given their focus(es). I like the idea of the class, it just has a really weird name. :?

That minor concern and having to root out a complete of minor mod conflicts aside, things seem fine so far. Looking forward to getting properly stuck in to LW2.
Fireman was a personal request from me, and is a reference to Fahrenheit 451. Technical is something that JL came up with, and comes somewhat from this.
Arcalane

Post by Arcalane »

Feels like this isn't the first time I've heard of a game referencing Fahrenheit 451 for one reason or another.

As for the vehicle type- I did actually figure that was a probable connection. It's neat and all, just seems kinda incongruous compared to the class' actual purpose.

Still, curious to see how the Tech's skills play out in the long run once the ones I have get a few more levels under their belts.

As a semi-relevant note given the Tech's miniflamer, is the Flamethrower Panic Fix mod something that was already integrated/considered?
mattprice516
Long War 2 Crew

Post by mattprice516 »

Deacon's compatible mod list could answer that question for you.... ;)

But yes. Flamethrower panic works in LW2 how it's intended to work in LW2. Note that you do need a perk to make things panic from the flamer, but it should work. :)

True Retroactive AWC, Cost Based Ability Colors, BleedoutMod, and Smoke Grenade Preview are some other popular QoL mods you shouldn't use with LW2.
Arcalane

Post by Arcalane »

mattprice516 wrote:Deacon's compatible mod list could answer that question for you.... ;)

But yes. Flamethrower panic works in LW2 how it's intended to work in LW2. Note that you do need a perk to make things panic from the flamer, but it should work. :)
The PDF? It could, but it sure doesn't because I already checked.

Good to know though.
mattprice516 wrote:True Retroactive AWC, Cost Based Ability Colors, BleedoutMod, and Smoke Grenade Preview are some other popular QoL mods you shouldn't use with LW2.
The only one of those that I was using was CBAC, which I've since disabled. I had a hunch the bleedout mechanics would have been changed so I didn't enable that mod, I've always used Grenade Throwing Tweaks (for better or worse), and using the LWPP classes (+LW SpecOps) means that I got almost no benefit from AWC perks.
mattprice516
Long War 2 Crew

Post by mattprice516 »

My bad - I'd thought that one was on there. Thanks for checking the list anyway. :)

AWC works quite differently now, hopefully you'll get more use out of it this time around - it's pretty cool!

Re: grenade throwing tweaks... some of that is already in LW2 (suppression disallows grenades entirely IIRC), and the non-tile snapping was considered but rejected in LW2 for balance reasons. That said, use whatever mods you want - just wanted to give you an FYI that I'm not sure how the two suppression changes will interact when combined.