Long war options?

UraniumOverdose

Long war options?

Post by UraniumOverdose »

Hi,

In the long war options I only see the "Pause Recruit" and the dodge gradient, is there something missing or is that it?

I just want to make sure my install isnt bugged.

In addition, is there an easy way to add 1 or 2 turns to the mission timers? I never really liked that from the base game, but I get the need for it. I just want an extra turn or two.
Amineri

Re: Long war options?

Post by Amineri »

UraniumOverdose wrote:Hi,

In the long war options I only see the "Pause Recruit" and the dodge gradient, is there something missing or is that it?

I just want to make sure my install isnt bugged.

In addition, is there an easy way to add 1 or 2 turns to the mission timers? I never really liked that from the base game, but I get the need for it. I just want an extra turn or two.
So the options are broken out across three different buttons, since we inherited them from the standalone mods (Toolbox and PerkPack). If you investigate them a bit, you should find some more options.

As for the timers, if you look in the config file XComLW_Overhaul, there is a difficulty-specific modifier for timers :

Code: Select all

TimerDifficultyMod[0]=4;	Rookie
TimerDifficultyMod[1]=1;	Veteran
TimerDifficultyMod[2]=0;	Commander
TimerDifficultyMod[3]=0;	Legendary
The default we ship with is +4 turns on Rookie, +1 on Veteran. No bonus on Commander/Legendary. You can edit those for the difficulty you are playing, or can play Rookie to get the extra turns.
UraniumOverdose

Post by UraniumOverdose »

Ok. I found the second wave stuff, I couldn't remember if they were vanilla or not since I have been using them for so long.

Thanks!
Devon_v
Long War EU Crew

Post by Devon_v »

I don't have the options available at all. The menu just isn't there. I'm also stuck in Zip Mode even though it's turned off.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

Devon_v wrote:I don't have the options available at all. The menu just isn't there. I'm also stuck in Zip Mode even though it's turned off.
Devon you old dog, how are you?

You should probably regenerate your inis per the troubleshooting steps.
Devon_v
Long War EU Crew

Post by Devon_v »

johnnylump wrote:
Devon_v wrote:I don't have the options available at all. The menu just isn't there. I'm also stuck in Zip Mode even though it's turned off.
Devon you old dog, how are you?

You should probably regenerate your inis per the troubleshooting steps.
Been doing pretty well. I figured it was something like that, was verifying files, then I was going to go digging into inis. Just seemed odd because I had the individual mods running fine before this.
Tyroki

Post by Tyroki »

Hate to sound stupid but...

Troubleshooting steps?

Edit: Ah. Okay.
Got it all working.