MOD MUST HAVES?

warbrand2

MOD MUST HAVES?

Post by warbrand2 »

Ok after messing with the long war 2 what mods do you guys think are must haves for it.

for me http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7656 ... pid=268500 all the stealth mods from this. as they allow you to make 2 man stealth teams that can enter high threat areas and wreak havic while not being that useful in larger numbers do to well alert rates.

seriously suppressors from this guy are god sends when you need to take out a pod but don't want to alert 2 other pods by doing so.
mattprice516
Long War 2 Crew

Re: MOD MUST HAVES?

Post by mattprice516 »

2 man stealth missions are possible (intentionally so) without additional mods - you're welcome to use whatever mods you want of course but you may find that the overall experience is a little less balanced if you buff stealth missions as you'll be able to complete a lot more of them than is intended haha.

There were some changes made under the hood to make being sneaky a lot more viable in LW2 - pods no longer always know where you are and follow you around while you're concealed, for one. I'd encourage those folks who are so inclined to at least give the "vanilla" LW2 stealth experience a try. It's challenging, but we spent a lot of time trying to get it right and the testers at least feel that they're in a pretty good place without additional buffs to stealth.

All that said - LW2 is a single player game and everyone should play it how they want. Just trying to give a balance tester's perspective. :)
GavinRuneblade

Post by GavinRuneblade »

mattprice516 wrote: pods no longer always know where you are and follow you around while you're concealed, for one.
I only am a few missions in but I found they still moved towards me almost all the time. There was just an occasional turn spent standing in place, or move away then come right back at me next time "crazy Ivan" style maneuver. And deploying an evac brought everyone on the map running straight at me, plus it breaks concealment.
bilfdoffle
Long War 2 Crew

Post by bilfdoffle »

During squad concealment, the pods will simply patrol on the defined path. They're not necessarily heading towards you, you just got in front of where they happen to be heading.

After concealment is broken, all bets are off, though.
GavinRuneblade

Post by GavinRuneblade »

Thanks!