Long War 2 Wiki Project

8wayz

Long War 2 Wiki Project

Post by 8wayz »

Good day to all!

Since I love reading and writing, mostly text, I would like to get straight to populating the Long War 2 Wiki.

But I do have a few questions:

- Does anyone know how to extract images from the assets, specifically the icons for traits/skills?
- A question for the Long War 2 team, what actually can we not put on the wiki that is already part of the mod? Is there anything off limits?
- Where are the aliens' stats located?
- Any volunteers? No need to rush, the mod looks a lot bigger than Long War 1 and there is a lot to document about it.
Last edited by 8wayz on Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Postmaster

Re: Long War 2 Wiki Project

Post by Postmaster »

I'm starting to contribute where I can. Cheers!
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

8wayz wrote:Good day to all!

Since I love reading and writing, mostly text, I would like to get straight to populating the Long War 2 Wiki.

But I do have a few questions:

- Does anyone know how to extract images from the assets, specifically the icons for traits/skills?
- A question for the Long War 2 team, what actually can we not put on the wiki that is already part of the mod? Is there anything off limits?
- Where are the aliens' stats located?
- Any volunteers? No need to rush, the mod looks a lot bigger than Long War 2 and there is a lot to document about it.Any volunteers? No need to rush, the mod looks a lot bigger than Long War 2 and there is a lot to document about it.
- Assets are in various upks in the content folder. You can use UnrealEd (XCom2 Editor in modbuddy) to look at the upks and export the individual files. If that's too much a pain, once things settle down for us I can dig in our files for individual ones.

- We're 'free for noncommercial use' so no restrictions.

- Alien stats are in: XComCharacterStats.Ini
8wayz

Post by 8wayz »

Thank you Johnny, will get straight to unpacking them this weekend. :)
jaredjeya

Post by jaredjeya »

I suppose the first thing to do would be to directly copy the Archive plaintexts over to the wiki - that ought to provide a good base for it.
8wayz

Post by 8wayz »

Going through the files and trying to understand the different variables governing Aliens, Advent and XCOM soldiers, I do need some clarification about a few. Here is what I have found:

eStat_HP - Health, by default 4
eStat_ArmorChance - the chance armor mitigates damage
eStat_ArmorMitigation - absolute value of armor (the number of pips you see next to the health bar)
eStat_Will - Will stat, by default 25
eStat_Dodge - Dodge stat, by default 5
eStat_Hacking - Hacking stat
eStat_UtilityItems - defaults to 3 for XCOM, only used in XComGameData_CharacterStats.ini
eStat_Mobility - Mobility stat, by default 15
eStat_PsiOffense - Psi attack strengh, by default 20
eStat_Offense - Old Aim stat, used for shooting
eStat_Defense - ?, usually on Spark and some aliens
eStat_FlankingCritChance - additional critical chance received when flanking
eStat_FlankingAimBonus - seems there is a way to get an aim bonus from flanking :)
eStat_HighCoverConcealment - ?
eStat_Strength - ?
eStat_CombatSims - ?
eStat_FlightFuel - ?
eStat_AlertLevel - ?, this is even available for SPARKS, not only aliens
eStat_BackpackSize - same as eStat_UtilityItems, but for SPARKS, defaults to 3
eStat_DetectionRadius - the radius in which they detect XCOM ?

There are a few more, but I would like to know to what ability/stat the lines with question marks correspond ?

Thank you in advance !
Amineri

Post by Amineri »

Some of these are left over from EU/EW days (the code for XCOM 2 wasn't entirely new).

Strength stat is used by some aliens as part of a stat-opposed check. For example, the Stun Lancer and Muton melee abilities which can stun, etc, use Strength (attacker) vs Will (defender). As far as I'm aware, strength has no effect for XCOM soldier units.

Combat Sims is used internally to track how many PCSs a soldier can equip. Currently the UI only allows equipping a single PCS. So all soldier classes get +1 to this stat on reaching squaddie.

Detection Radius is the radius of the "red concealment detection tiles". You should note drones having a larger value. Note that all aliens on infiltration missions have an effect applies which modifies this stat based on the infiltration level XCOM achieved for the mission.
fowlJ

Post by fowlJ »

8wayz wrote:Going through the files and trying to understand the different variables governing Aliens, Advent and XCOM soldiers, I do need some clarification about a few. Here is what I have found:

eStat_Defense - ?, usually on Spark and some aliens
eStat_HighCoverConcealment - ?
eStat_Strength - ?
eStat_CombatSims - ?
eStat_FlightFuel - ?
eStat_AlertLevel - ?, this is even available for SPARKS, not only aliens
eStat_DetectionRadius - the radius in which they detect XCOM ?

There are a few more, but I would like to know to what ability/stat the lines with question marks correspond ?

Thank you in advance !
Defence directly reduces hit chance, like cover.

No idea about HighCoverConcealment.

I'm not sure what Alert Level as a character stat is - in the strategy layer it (or at least, a value with the same name) partially determines how many enemies are on a mission.
8wayz

Post by 8wayz »

Thank you for the replies.

Amineri, eStat_Strength is gained via promotions on most XCOM classes, for example the Assault gains 2 points in total altogether to that stat.

As we are on charecter classes, what is the reason for the line (StatType=eStat_Will,StatAmount=0)) after Corporal rank ?

As in, if you do not need to add any new stats to the soldier on promotion, why include that line in the first place?

Just making sure that I am reading the files correctly so I can update the wiki accordingly.
admo

Post by admo »

Amineri wrote:Some of these are left over from EU/EW days (the code for XCOM 2 wasn't entirely new).

Strength stat is used by some aliens as part of a stat-opposed check. For example, the Stun Lancer and Muton melee abilities which can stun, etc, use Strength (attacker) vs Will (defender). As far as I'm aware, strength has no effect for XCOM soldier units.

Combat Sims is used internally to track how many PCSs a soldier can equip. Currently the UI only allows equipping a single PCS. So all soldier classes get +1 to this stat on reaching squaddie.

Detection Radius is the radius of the "red concealment detection tiles". You should note drones having a larger value. Note that all aliens on infiltration missions have an effect applies which modifies this stat based on the infiltration level XCOM achieved for the mission.
At last the Readiness value's purpose!
admo

Post by admo »

What do these AfterFirstInterceptionChance values pertaining to UFO chases mean?

XComGameBoard.ini

Code: Select all

[XComGame.XComGameState_UFO]
MinInvisibleHours=0
MaxInvisibleHours=0
MinNonInterceptDays=6 ; these control the regular interception time as well now
MaxNonInterceptDays=21 ; these control the regular interception time as well now

DefaultInterceptionChance=50
DefaultInterceptionChanceGoldenPath=100

AfterFirstInterceptionChance[0]=0  ;Easy
AfterFirstInterceptionChance[1]=25  ;Normal
AfterFirstInterceptionChance[2]=35 ;Classic
AfterFirstInterceptionChance[3]=50 ;Impossible

; Speed up the UFOs so they can catch the Avenger for avenger defense without it taking forever
Acceleration=(X=0.75, Y=0.75, Z=120.0)
FlightHeight=10.0
MaxSpeedFlying=0.75