Ellie

Post by Ellie »

While this thing probably takes a while to complete, and I know it starts right at the beginning of the game, I'm having trouble figuring out how to make it appear since I'm worried about the game just randomly ending. I keep seeing "Find a Lead" under objectives but I'm not entirely sure what that means. Is it supposed to take a while to discover what the ayyliens are up to? What are these leads the game is talking about?
mattprice516
Long War 2 Crew

Re: Avatar Project

Post by mattprice516 »

Any mission that says "Find a Lead" as an objective might be the first mission in a chain of missions which will end with you Liberating a region from ADVENT control. Each of these missions has to be detected separately (if you fail to detect Lib 2 in a region, for example, it'll keep spawning until you do detect and beat it) and beaten in sequence. Every mission in the Liberation chain will say "Liberation" on the objectives except the first one.
Ellie

Post by Ellie »

mattprice516 wrote:Any mission that says "Find a Lead" as an objective might be the first mission in a chain of missions which will end with you Liberating a region from ADVENT control. Each of these missions has to be detected separately (if you fail to detect Lib 2 in a region, for example, it'll keep spawning until you do detect and beat it) and beaten in sequence. Every mission in the Liberation chain will say "Liberation" on the objectives except the first one.
But how does this involve the Avatar Project? I understand ADVENT can't build Avatar Facilities in regions where they have no control, but how does it allow me to monitor their progress so I can plan accordingly?
admo

Post by admo »

mattprice516 wrote:Any mission that says "Find a Lead" as an objective might be the first mission in a chain of missions which will end with you Liberating a region from ADVENT control. Each of these missions has to be detected separately (if you fail to detect Lib 2 in a region, for example, it'll keep spawning until you do detect and beat it) and beaten in sequence. Every mission in the Liberation chain will say "Liberation" on the objectives except the first one.
Is the "get Advent's attention" objective part of the liberation chain? I had a mission with get Advent's attention, then afterwards found a mission with "find a lead".
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

Ellie wrote:
But how does this involve the Avatar Project? I understand ADVENT can't build Avatar Facilities in regions where they have no control, but how does it allow me to monitor their progress so I can plan accordingly?
This is a spoiler, but you don't learn of the Avatar project until you get through most of a liberation chain. That's why it's listed as your first main objective. The project is underway and gaining pips, but you don't get to monitor it until you've done some real damage to ADVENT in a particular region.
Ellie

Post by Ellie »

johnnylump wrote:
Ellie wrote:
This is a spoiler, but you don't learn of the Avatar project until you get through most of a liberation chain. That's why it's listed as your first main objective. The project is underway and gaining pips, but you don't get to monitor it until you've done some real damage to ADVENT in a particular region.
That would explain why I managed to get many months in and never found out about it.