How have status effects changed?

admo

How have status effects changed?

Post by admo »

Watching xwynns' lets play series he says and shows that the burning effect now blocks out all actions besides movement, no shooting.

Have other status effects had changes? I notice disorient does not stop them from overwatching, is it only an aim and move penalty now? Acid burn?
Arcalane

Re: How have status effects changed?

Post by Arcalane »

From having one of my soldiers disoriented by a sectoid's mindspin, it locks out grenade use and I assume most other abilities, on top of the aim+mobility reduction.
mattprice516
Long War 2 Crew

Post by mattprice516 »

Burning is basically a stun that does damage. It's great.

Disorient applies -25 aim, mobility penalty, and locks out most abilities that aren't shoot or OW.

Poison doesn't last as long any more (I don't think) and applies a small penalty to aim (don't remember how much).

Frost Bomb freeze doesn't last quite as long any more (but is still really good because hey it's Frost Bomb).

Acid I don't remember... think it just does damage.
Arcalane

Post by Arcalane »

To add to my earlier discovery, Disorient also shuts down ongoing effects - similar to how shooting an enemy on Overwatch breaks their Overwatch.

So far, I've seen it break Mind Control and Psi Zombies.

Flashbangs: always relevant. Although it can also be inflicted by the Arc Thrower even on a miss with the right perks, which... I have to admit, makes it more useful than I originally anticipated.
Amineri

Post by Amineri »

Arc thrower definitely went through a few rounds of balancing to get it the point where it is now. Several of our testers found it very useful indeed.
admo

Post by admo »

mattprice516 wrote:Burning is basically a stun that does damage. It's great.

Disorient applies -25 aim, mobility penalty, and locks out most abilities that aren't shoot or OW.

Poison doesn't last as long any more (I don't think) and applies a small penalty to aim (don't remember how much).

Frost Bomb freeze doesn't last quite as long any more (but is still really good because hey it's Frost Bomb).

Acid I don't remember... think it just does damage.
Thanks Matt. Ufopeadia is up and being edited again. If you want to correct my transcription of this later you can find the page here: http://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php/Mechanics_(LW2)