Can the back wall of jail be blasted open?

rakoon79

Can the back wall of jail be blasted open?

Post by rakoon79 »

As per title.

Can we blast open the back wall of the jail during jail break mission to rescue the rebels?

I'm watching a stream, 1 sapper launch grenade + 5 throw grenade didn't do the trick.
Amineri

Re: Can the back wall of jail be blasted open?

Post by Amineri »

Jails are tough. I think you might need a rocket for those walls.
xwynns
Long War 2 Crew

Post by xwynns »

Rocket is the only thing that might do it, and I've never tried because the person in jail would likely be a puddle in jail after the attempt.
rakoon79

Post by rakoon79 »

Apparently more thrown grenades did the trick.

So, 1 Sapper Launch nade + 7 Thrown nade to bring down 2 tiles-worth of jail wall.

ADD : Rocket was used to break enemy forces
Valaska

Post by Valaska »

rakoon79 wrote:Apparently more thrown grenades did the trick.

So, 1 Sapper Launch nade + 7 Thrown nade to bring down 2 tiles-worth of jail wall.

ADD : Rocket was used to break enemy forces
More explosives typically does the trick in life.
warbrand2

Post by warbrand2 »

rule of XCOM, if one rocket doesn't do it throw the hole damn armory at it. (oh wait that is dealing with sectopods) eh works for walls to.
Devon_v
Long War EU Crew

Post by Devon_v »

Fire is the most reliable method. It seems to burn though anything given time. When I've grenaded prison cells it has always been the fires that actually did the trick.
Torquemada

Post by Torquemada »

Amineri wrote:Jails are tough. I think you might need a rocket for those walls.
I also failed to crack them open with grenades but the fire did them in. Is it intentional that the environment is still very vulnerable to fire?

Also, did you consider having "X4" as a secondary item, for these kinds of situations? You already have the animation for it and all...
rakoon79

Post by rakoon79 »

Torquemada wrote: Also, did you consider having "X4" as a secondary item, for these kinds of situations? You already have the animation for it and all...
I'm not sure how that'd work, but that would be so cool
Arcalane

Post by Arcalane »

Devon_v wrote:Fire is the most reliable method. It seems to burn though anything given time. When I've grenaded prison cells it has always been the fires that actually did the trick.
Yes but then you need to worry about setting the VIP on fire and waiting however long it takes to burn through. :P

~~~~
Torquemada wrote:
Amineri wrote:Jails are tough. I think you might need a rocket for those walls.
I also failed to crack them open with grenades but the fire did them in. Is it intentional that the environment is still very vulnerable to fire?

Also, did you consider having "X4" as a secondary item, for these kinds of situations? You already have the animation for it and all...
I'll just... leave this here -- http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =721031946
Devon_v
Long War EU Crew

Post by Devon_v »

Arcalane wrote:
Devon_v wrote:Fire is the most reliable method. It seems to burn though anything given time. When I've grenaded prison cells it has always been the fires that actually did the trick.
Yes but then you need to worry about setting the VIP on fire and waiting however long it takes to burn through. :P
Sometimes it's better than going through the front door. :)