SPARKs

amgarrak1

SPARKs

Post by amgarrak1 »

So, have anyone tried them out? I can't find any information about them, but since the devs stated there are no separate classes and only 3 tiers of weapons, I can't really see the point in investing research times and resourses into them. Am I wrong here, or are they still useless as in vanilla?
fowlJ

Re: SPARKs

Post by fowlJ »

SPARKs have a new perk tree, two more HP, and a slightly beefier weapon (4-7 damage at ballistic tier). They come standard with a shredder gun instead of a rocket. I'm not sure how they scale later on, having not brought SPARK-1 on their first mission yet.
Zavek

Post by Zavek »

ive tried out spark on a mission, and well its a bullet magnet still.

every enemy that is able will shot at it so those 2 extra hp dont do much for it.
it and advent mecs should default with an armorrating of 3 and dear god let us put weaponmods on the sparks.

first deployment after i got it it escaped with 1 hp and it did a total of 1 shot before i had to extract it due to being shot by everything.
mattprice516
Long War 2 Crew

Post by mattprice516 »

SPARKs in the 1.1 patch should also be getting 5 ablative armor at the start of every mission (I think it's in 1.1, if you're not seeing that then it's in 1.1), so they'll be considerably tankier requiring >5 damage taken each mission to even be wounded. There might also be other minor tweaks, we've been working on them a bit.
ShockmasterFred

Post by ShockmasterFred »

With the addition of the 5 ablative armor (does that increase as the Spark goes up in level or is it static?) the only major gripe I would have is that they can't use weapon mods. Especially since they only have the 3 weapon types. I'm sure somebody will mod it, but it would be nice as an official change.
Arcalane

Post by Arcalane »

RealityMachina has you covered with official LW2 support; http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =717783955

He's also made Metal Over Flesh (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =720053228) which allows you to further upgrade and enhance your mechanized infantry, although I can't speak for how necessary/useful/balanced it will be if buffs are coming in a future patch.