Losing supplies to a mysterious...

Dodie

Losing supplies to a mysterious...

Post by Dodie »

Hello,

can someone help?

I have put a consultant (Soldier) to the hideout.
In the first month i earn 38 supplies and i losing
47 supplies to a "mysterious". I have made no new
contact in the first month.
Last edited by Dodie on Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mattprice516
Long War 2 Crew

Re: Losing supplies to a myterious...

Post by mattprice516 »

If you leave the soldier there for a while, you'll get to the bottom of it. :)

Higher ranked soldiers will be more effective. In the meantime, you might try shifting rebels a bit more towards Intel and Recruit, at least until you have resolved the issue. Good luck Commander!
Dodie

Post by Dodie »

Ok, i started a new game. This time, i´ll shift all rebels to intel (except one for recruiting). Later, if the income are safe, i shift more rebels to other tasks. i try to put the highest ranked soldier to the hideout, every new month.
LeaderEnemyBoss

Post by LeaderEnemyBoss »

I have afew questions regharding this mechanic and will hijack this thread :p :

I already managed too root out two (!) *spoilers* in one mission.

My question:
Is it bad when I switch the adviser (e.g. remove the squaddie, use a higher rank instead). Also if I remove the adviser, take him on a mission and löet him do his advasing after finishing the mission, is the progress he made lost?
Dodie

Post by Dodie »

It works, now the first mission i got, is a "secruity" mission.
LeaderEnemyBoss wrote:I have afew questions regharding this mechanic and will hijack this thread :p :

I already managed too root out two (!) *spoilers* in one mission.

My question:
Is it bad when I switch the adviser (e.g. remove the squaddie, use a higher rank instead). Also if I remove the adviser, take him on a mission and löet him do his advasing after finishing the mission, is the progress he made lost?
Good question.
mattprice516
Long War 2 Crew

Post by mattprice516 »

Progress should not be lost when you switch someone out, but you are also not making any progress when there's no soldier there... if that makes sense.
LeaderEnemyBoss

mattprice516 wrote:Progress should not be lost when you switch someone out, but you are also not making any progress when there's no soldier there... if that makes sense.
Yeah thats expected ofcourse. It's just a huge time commitment to permanently have a soldier sitting in your havens doing "nothing". Can i boost the time it takes to find faceless? Does scanning at that region with the Avenger help finding the faceless? Also: Each region displays two income values (one in brackets), are these there so one can determin, were money gets stolen? At the moment I have trouble figureing out which of my three regions steals money, since even after I killed two faceless on a mission I still lose lots of cash (ffs! they are everywhere!).
Talaris

Post by Talaris »

It's just a huge time commitment to permanently have a soldier sitting in your havens doing "nothing".
For me, I just parked a once-leveld solder there in the beginning until all faceless are rooted out. Effectively this costed 10 credits, new soldiers are cheap...
Can i boost the time it takes to find faceless? Does scanning at that region with the Avenger help finding the faceless?
AFAIK no, scanning also wont help - or you would not need the soldier in first place.

[/i] Also: Each region displays two income values (one in brackets), are these there so one can determin, were money gets stolen?[/i]
The first one is the money you already collected with your supplies resistance personnel, the second one is the money you'll get when you collect money for a whole month.
Basically the second one is so you see that youll ge more /less money (and how much) if you change your #of supply personnel.

At the moment I have trouble figureing out which of my three regions steals money, since even after I killed two faceless on a mission I still lose lots of cash (ffs! they are everywhere!).
Yeah, missing exact information makes it really hard :( , but also gives us that "paranoia" where to search for infiltators XD
If it helps, each new personnel you get in a haven has a 16% chance to be a Faceless, so if you are at maximum of 13 personnel you can expet 1-3 faceless.
If you already found 2 or 3 in a certain haven, I'd rather look at another haven ...

Hope this helped abit, good luck, Commander !
GavinRuneblade

Post by GavinRuneblade »

Parking a soldier is a lot cheaper than parking a scientist or an engineer. Especially as soldiers also help recruit so you get more soldiers.
Arcalane

Post by Arcalane »

LeaderEnemyBoss wrote:It's just a huge time commitment to permanently have a soldier sitting in your havens doing "nothing".
Preferable to losing money, though!
LeaderEnemyBoss wrote:Can i boost the time it takes to find faceless?
To a degree. I believe the soldier's rank and whether or not they are an officer or a psi-op changes their detection speed. All of my haven overseers are relatively low-rank officers and seem to be quite capable at rooting out faceless within a month or two of their infiltration.
LeaderEnemyBoss wrote:Also: Each region displays two income values (one in brackets), are these there so one can determin, were money gets stolen? At the moment I have trouble figureing out which of my three regions steals money, since even after I killed two faceless on a mission I still lose lots of cash (ffs! they are everywhere!).
I believe the first amount is how much has actually been collected, and the bracketed version is the predicted (unmodified) outcome for a full month. I assume it's this way so you can't have your whole team on Intel for the month, then swap them to Supply just at the last second. ;)

I don't know if you can gauge potential infiltration by monitoring this value, but if you can it's a nice touch. Keep an eye on it either way.

For manually finding infiltrators, I recommend keeping an close eye on havens that are heavily recruiting. More rolls for recruits means more rolls for infiltrators too.
LordYanaek

Post by LordYanaek »

Some good advises here but some of them (using officers or psi) are sadly irrelevant to people loosing all of their first months revenues to this "mysterious cause". This is actually quite crippling and i wonder if it's always supposed to be this way and you must park one of your "gatecrasher vets" in your first have or just bad luck for those players (myself included) that had this occur. :x

BTW, does someone know whether those pesky faceless can steal everything or just their own haven production? The later would make more sense but if it works this way then i had troubles in both of my month1 havens. If a single compromised haven can remove the supplies from all of them, it's really rough.

How do you handle those in the very first months of a campaign? Park a soldier on day 1 and not collect supplies for the first months? Hope for the best and restart if you were unlucky?
GavinRuneblade

Re: Losing supplies to a mysterious...

Post by GavinRuneblade »

I park a soldier immediately in every haven. I start with anyone having under 14 base move, then use lowest accuracy if I need more.

I tried the "heavy intel focus" strategy the testers recommend and consistently lost every campaign by the third month. Now I leave 2 on supply, 3 on intel, and all the rest on recruit. I still get more missions than I can handle, and reliably hit 200% infiltrated.

Still, I have serious issues with no loot. So most of my money comes from clearing rooms in the avenger.
mattprice516
Long War 2 Crew

Post by mattprice516 »

Infiltrators in the current build steal a set number of supplies per day they're in the Haven. This is changing to a % in patch 1.1. Should help with those issues where they steal literally all of your supplies when you only have a few rebels on supply - though the flipside is that they'll actually end up stealing more from havens with all rebels on supply so you're incentivized to root the traitors out before turning a Haven into a income factory.
LeaderEnemyBoss

mattprice516 wrote:Infiltrators in the current build steal a set number of supplies per day they're in the Haven. This is changing to a % in patch 1.1. Should help with those issues where they steal literally all of your supplies when you only have a few rebels on supply - though the flipside is that they'll actually end up stealing more from havens with all rebels on supply so you're incentivized to root the traitors out before turning a Haven into a income factory.
You know what makes me mad? Getting teased in every second thread about all the cool stuff and fixes 1.1 brings! You sir are worse than Advent!
GavinRuneblade

Post by GavinRuneblade »

Getting nailed on every second action? That's xcom baby.

^.^
LordYanaek

Post by LordYanaek »

mattprice516 wrote:the flipside is that they'll actually end up stealing more from havens with all rebels on supply
Seems like a perfectly fine way to handle it. It won't totally cripple you in the first months, and it will bite you hard if you keep ignoring it later.
Fine for me.
LeaderEnemyBoss wrote: You know what makes me mad? Getting teased in every second thread about all the cool stuff and fixes 1.1 brings! You sir are worse than Advent!
He really need to stop or people will start posting those oh so useful "when is new version coming" threads ;)
squidney2k1

Post by squidney2k1 »

In the early game, it might seem annoying, but it's worth putting a Squaddie in each haven you have.

Yes, soldiers are a precious resource, but you'll be able to put a stop to moles in the Resistance, and you'll have a safe place to park a soldier should you need him/her later on. As for the mole hunting missions, you don't have to worry about losing rebel personnel like you would soldiers, as personnel are a dime a dozen and are easily acquired by scanning. Your soldier should rank up rather quickly (make sure they get 1 kill), and if you outfit them with extra explosives, it's very easy as you don't really face that many pods.

Parking a soldier is much "cheaper" than parking a Scientist or Engineer.
LeaderEnemyBoss

Aaaand another faceless related question: If I kill a faceless on a retaliation mission, is that the same faceless thats stealing ma moneyz? Is killing faceless on retaliations an alternative avenue of getting rid of them? If yes i killed yet another on my home region! This would make 3 in 2.5 months :p
GavinRuneblade

Post by GavinRuneblade »

That is the only way to clear them out. As long as you get more people coming in you will keep getting more faceless. so it never really stops.
mattprice516
Long War 2 Crew

Post by mattprice516 »

LeaderEnemyBoss wrote:Aaaand another faceless related question: If I kill a faceless on a retaliation mission, is that the same faceless thats stealing ma moneyz? Is killing faceless on retaliations an alternative avenue of getting rid of them? If yes i killed yet another on my home region! This would make 3 in 2.5 months :p
Yes, that's the same one. Probably.
Arcalane

Post by Arcalane »

squidney2k1 wrote:In the early game, it might seem annoying, but it's worth putting a Squaddie in each haven you have.

Yes, soldiers are a precious resource, but you'll be able to put a stop to moles in the Resistance, and you'll have a safe place to park a soldier should you need him/her later on. As for the mole hunting missions, you don't have to worry about losing rebel personnel like you would soldiers, as personnel are a dime a dozen and are easily acquired by scanning. Your soldier should rank up rather quickly (make sure they get 1 kill), and if you outfit them with extra explosives, it's very easy as you don't really face that many pods.

Parking a soldier is much "cheaper" than parking a Scientist or Engineer.
Also, with the supplies you now have from keeping the haven clear, you can hire new/extra soldiers to fill out the missing spaces. It's win-win really.