Upcoming Flamethrower Improvements

GavinRuneblade

Re: Upcoming Flamethrower Improvements

Post by GavinRuneblade »

Because of The reduced chance to set tiles adjacent to you on fire? I was thinking the larger area of effect might make up for it. But I have to admit losing adjacent burn tiles has me wondering.
Manifest

Post by Manifest »

Was flamethrower range also nerfed? I didn't see it in these balance section of the OP. Shot cardinally they used to be able to reach 7 tiles ahead, as seen in pictures in the OP

But now cardinal range is only 6 tiles. Around corners or otherwise

And diagonal range (the range you could shoot diagonal, of course) used to be 5 tiles and now it's only four.

This is Pre-1.1 (Sorry about how the tiles are bright and hard to see.)

This is Post 1.1
gunshine

Post by gunshine »

As of 1.1, flamethrower is still unable to hit a target on adjacent diagonal tile, at least if there is a cover in the middle and the soldier with flamethrower has to peek from behind it, which is inconvenient and counter intuitive as the flame cone can't target the enemy right in front of the soldier.
Manifest

Post by Manifest »

Definitely feel like this merits a bump. (Flamethrower range nerf) (Also, I love you Pavonis and thanks for all your work.)
Last edited by Manifest on Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Valaska

Post by Valaska »

lol so... What the heck were these improvements were supposed to improve exactly? I just put the flamethrower marker for 6 enemies and it didn't do a single damage to one and only set one tile on fire... Well away from any of them.

**Edit** On a positive note the technical died.