Call Skyranger and Hacking breaking concealment?

Cheradenine

Call Skyranger and Hacking breaking concealment?

Post by Cheradenine »

Hello there!
I've always found weird that hacking a computer/tower would break concelament. Hacking doesn't make any sound, and if successful you can imagine the hacker didn't trigger any alarm.
I think hacking should break concealment only if failed. Maybe link this to a perk, or a technology?
I haven't finished the campaing, far from it, so maybe there is a AWC perk or a technology which does that already.

You could nearly say the same about the Call Skyranger ability. Of course, a smoke signal would alert patrols, but maybe add a technology which replace smoke with some sort of electronic signal, and thus doesn't break concelament?

Sorry for broken Englihs, not my native language.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Re: Call Skyranger and Hacking breaking concealment?

Post by johnnylump »

You could probably mod this in with enough effort (rewriting some ability templates).

It's not in LW2 because it would make missions too easy.
LordYanaek

Post by LordYanaek »

Something i always wished was implemented is a way for a soldier to hack without breaking concealment if they are actually manually hacking (no gremlin). This would provide an alternative way to hack for stealthy missions without making it too easy as you would have to stand right there, next to the objective.
BTW, i can imagine some saboteur tree perks giving bonus hack for Shinobis. Again this would allow some alternate, more stealthy hacking.

Not sure how easy this would be to implement, but i think it could be interesting.

Lighting a big signal flare to call the sky-ranger without breaking concealment OTOH doesn't seem very interesting or realistic.
Ellie

Post by Ellie »

The way I understand it is that ADVENT notices a security breach and alerts troops nearby.
You can see this in action by bypassing all pods, hacking a cell door, then backing up. The pods will walk in there to investigate (hint: take advantage of predictable enemies!) while on yellow alert (might be red).
Devon_v
Long War EU Crew

Post by Devon_v »

Yeah, I always figured the hack got the door open, it didn't do so without alerting anyone.

Calling Firebrand tips ADVENT off immediately when the Skyranger enters operational airspace. I could never figure out how they didn't see and hear her dropping you off in vanilla.