Are there limits on officers?

Philosofy101

Are there limits on officers?

Post by Philosofy101 »

Really enjoying LW2. Thanks to everyone at Pavonis and the testing team for such a stellar effort.

I've read the Avenger archives and looked around the forum but can't find an answer- in LW1, officers were limited. I can't tell yet (still only a few months in) whether that is also the case in LW2. Can I just throw anyone into the officer training slot? Or do I only get to have X number active at any time and need to be more judicious in who I train? Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Some other random feedback:

- Sharpshooters feel really weak. I know some testers say the holotargeting build is strong but I'd like to have more than one choice for them; namely, the static high ground murder machines they could be in LW1. I think part of the problem is the proliferation of timed missions (which I generally like, actually) is not conducive to such a slow playstyle.

- Some more guidance or control to the player on the issue of Faceless siphoning supplies would be nice. I have had most of my supplies stolen for 2-3 months despite having a soldier advisor in my havens almost from the start of the campaign. It's an interesting mechanic, just wish I could do more than station a soldier and hope the Rendezvous mission fires. Even just seeing which regions are losing supplies and how much would be helpful so I could put a higher ranked soldier there.

-It seems to me that cover still applies when enemies try to run from suppression, which kind of negates the point of using it and makes it much weaker. Is that the case? If so is there any thoughts about giving the soldier reaction fire as though there were no cover?

These are minor issues in a fantastic mod. Thanks again for all the work you've put into it.
Gallion

Re: Are there limits on officers?

Post by Gallion »

I'd love to know that too.
GavinRuneblade

Re: Are there limits on officers?

Post by GavinRuneblade »

Philosofy101 wrote:Really enjoying LW2. Thanks to everyone at Pavonis and the testing team for such a stellar effort.

I've read the Avenger archives and looked around the forum but can't find an answer- in LW1, officers were limited. I can't tell yet (still only a few months in) whether that is also the case in LW2. Can I just throw anyone into the officer training slot? Or do I only get to have X number active at any time and need to be more judicious in who I train? Thanks in advance for any assistance.
You could train everyone, but only one officer per squad can use abilities and give bonuses. I've heard officers make the best haven advisors too.
- Sharpshooters feel really weak. I know some testers say the holotargeting build is strong but I'd like to have more than one choice for them; namely, the static high ground murder machines they could be in LW1. I think part of the problem is the proliferation of timed missions (which I generally like, actually) is not conducive to such a slow play style.
Give them a pistol for move and shoot missions. Also, they are great in haven advisor mode since those missions are always untimed and have high vantage spots. Finally, pitch which missions to send them on. I love my snipers on the hack computer and destroy radio tower maps. Both are timed at first but them untimed for extraction, and there's always a fight at the target when I get these missions.
- Some more guidance or control to the player on the issue of Faceless siphoning supplies would be nice. I have had most of my supplies stolen for 2-3 months despite having a soldier advisor in my havens almost from the start of the campaign. It's an interesting mechanic, just wish I could do more than station a soldier and hope the Rendezvous mission fires. Even just seeing which regions are losing supplies and how much would be helpful so I could put a higher ranked soldier there.
The current mechanic is fixed reduction per faceless, in the next patch it will be % based so less painful in early months and more painful later on.

The testers recommend letting regions go without supply for a bit and get your income from missions. I can't get this to work, but that is the advice from the guys winning at hard settings.

And I don't know anything about suppression settings. Sorry.