Workshop/Labratory in LW2

LegoMaster

Workshop/Labratory in LW2

Post by LegoMaster »

What do these do in LW? Is it still send gremlins 1 space over (left right up down) for workshop?
mattprice516
Long War 2 Crew

Re: Workshop/Labratory in LW2

Post by mattprice516 »

Yes, but workshop also provides 1 power (instead of costing power).

Labs give you slots to staff scientists to make research even faster than it is with the scientist alone.
ArchmageMC

Post by ArchmageMC »

mattprice516 wrote:Yes, but workshop also provides 1 power (instead of costing power).

Labs give you slots to staff scientists to make research even faster than it is with the scientist alone.
This. Finishing Mag weapons in only 8 days when it became available was really neat, and that was with 3 staffed scientists in a lab!

Basically the lab is worth a .75 of a scientist per station, and you can have 4 stations. you also need to staff 4 scientists there but meh.

Workshop is the same, except it gives 1 power, making base management much easier.
Arcalane

Post by Arcalane »

Really the big thing about the Lab in LW2 over vanilla is that it has four slots instead of just two. That alone makes it a far more worthwhile investment in my eyes.

I believe you are capped at one Lab and one Workshop now though.

I don't know if Gremlins can clear tiles; I mostly use mine to staff the defense controls, proving grounds, and communications;

Code: Select all

GTS - PVG - AWC
COM - WKS - TUR
LAB - PWR - CLR
CLR - CLR - CLR
LordYanaek

Post by LordYanaek »

Arcalane wrote: I don't know if Gremlins can clear tiles; I mostly use mine to staff the defense controls, proving grounds, and communications;
I'm not 100% sure as it's been some time since i played my last pre-LW campaign but i think they could in vanilla (almost sure i did this in one campaign due to lack of regular engineers) so probably they can in LW.
trihero

Post by trihero »

Gremlins can totally clear debris, I do it all the time.
Arcalane

Post by Arcalane »

Good to know, I guess. As it stands I have a surplus of engineers, so it was never really necessary.