UPDATE: Long War 2 Patch 1.1 is now available

johnnylump
Site Admin

Re: Pending Changelist for 1.1 (NOT RELEASED)

Post by johnnylump »

LordYanaek wrote:
johnnylump wrote: No, this will never, ever get fixed.
Wouldn't changing the name make sense then? If i understand correctly it's an issue with the engine thinking "center" is a keyword to center the text. If so another name would solve the issue.
NEVER EVER
rakoon79

Post by rakoon79 »

- Fix for Resistance mecs and liaisons having their abilities refreshed in a new gamestate without having a new unit state created and added to that state. This could have unpredictable results.
@Devs, Is this the one that fixes uncontrollable MECs? or is it different, but also fixed? or still WIA?
Sylvester

Post by Sylvester »

Will anything in the patch make it incompatible with current campaigns? I can't go on playing if that's the case.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

We don't know of anything that will make current campaigns not work. You may see some changes (like perk trees) and different behavior.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

rakoon79 wrote:
- Fix for Resistance mecs and liaisons having their abilities refreshed in a new gamestate without having a new unit state created and added to that state. This could have unpredictable results.
@Devs, Is this the one that fixes uncontrollable MECs? or is it different, but also fixed? or still WIA?
We believe we fixed it; I'm not 100% sure if this was the change or not.
K200Jay

Post by K200Jay »

I seem to be getting a lot of Gatecrasher missions with Vipers on them. I asked one of the testers and he mentioned this is a bug caused by the game setting the force strength to +1.

It seems to happen when you start a new game after wiping, and probably progressing far enough? could this have something to do with memory not clearing when you restart a new game?

I wouldnt know, but its annoying and makes the game much harder, seeing as i also get Mutons a few missions later.
Valaska

Post by Valaska »

Humm, is there a chance that a fix for permanent stuck infiltrating squads to be fixed? Or a console command that will forcefully remove their tag? All 18 of my infiltrating people didn't even get to launch their mission so I don't think there would be any cleanup issues to just remove the flag from them.
ConradKurze

Post by ConradKurze »

I've experienced a bug a few times that I don't see listed on the changes: Sometimes (not always) when a grenade is used to destroy cover other soldier's shots will not be updated to reflect the enemy is now flanked/has no cover.
This will update if a soldier moves (but ONLY for that soldier), but for soldiers like Sharpshooters (or Rangers) you really don't want to/can't move them, this basically means the enemy is benefiting from cover you already destroyed.
AegixDrakan

Post by AegixDrakan »

Oh goody, they're fixing the "rescued soldier not activating" bug? That's good to hear.

In the meantime, is there a console command or something I can use to fix the bug? Or a command to re-add a specific character pool chracter to my roster, so I can leave her behind, finish the mission, and then re-recruit her for free?
sumxcom2

Post by sumxcom2 »

smashness wrote:After fresh install, deleting other mods and regenerating game files, I still get the bug where I can't click on the haven site after first mission.

I'm pretty disappointed that nothing regarding this was adressed. It seems this bug is fixed to some through regen files, but not for me...
Although this thread is probably not the place for this, make sure your base game is updated to patch 7.

"Long War 2 only works with Patch 7 of the retail copy of XCOM 2. This patch is downloaded automatically when you connect to Steam. To confirm your version, you can look in launch.log for the line "Init: FxsChangelist: 234736." Launch.log is located here: ... \Documents\My Games\XCOM2\XComGame\Logs."

http://www.pavonisinteractive.com/phpBB ... 17&t=23385
sarge945

Post by sarge945 »

johnnylump wrote:Sorry, I'm porting over our internal changelogs to make sure I don't miss anything on this list, but we don't always write those for public consumption. We'll try to make future ones more user-friendly.
Thanks, and don't be sorry. You guys are doing a phenomenal job, and for free too!
johnnylump wrote:
fowlJ wrote:
- Lost Towers POI won't appear to FL 8;
Will the mission be further tweaked to account for appearing later, or is this purely to delay SPARKs a bit? The mission is pretty straightforward to do the moment it appears as is, more tech and experience will make it more so.
Hmm, I didn't tweak the mission except to add an exception in our pod-swapping mechanics so these don't get changed. The main reason I delayed it is the way the Moneygrabbings work they frontload your POIs with the mission triggers, so when you earn a POI with the Moneygrabbing installed you get one of these rather than something like supplies or a scientist or something. That was too predictable -- I can lower it a bit, though, if that trivializes the difficulty.

Aside from the SPARKs mission, I guess one other thing about this change is it prevents you from getting the alien hunter weapons for free really early, which always felt a little unfair, since the bolt gun can instakill pretty much anything early-game.

When you don't enable the DLC mission, you have to build them, which can be expensive. You actually have an advantage to enabling the mission, and just not doing it. I am glad that is fixed now.
Last edited by sarge945 on Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
GavinRuneblade

Post by GavinRuneblade »

Valaska wrote:Humm, is there a chance that a fix for permanent stuck infiltrating squads to be fixed? Or a console command that will forcefully remove their tag? All 18 of my infiltrating people didn't even get to launch their mission so I don't think there would be any cleanup issues to just remove the flag from them.
That is a bug caused by the playable aliens mod. There was a lot of talk about it on steam but it looks like the only solution is uninstall and new campaign. At least I haven't seen any other solutions offered.
Valaska

Post by Valaska »

GavinRuneblade wrote:
Valaska wrote:Humm, is there a chance that a fix for permanent stuck infiltrating squads to be fixed? Or a console command that will forcefully remove their tag? All 18 of my infiltrating people didn't even get to launch their mission so I don't think there would be any cleanup issues to just remove the flag from them.
That is a bug caused by the playable aliens mod. There was a lot of talk about it on steam but it looks like the only solution is uninstall and new campaign. At least I haven't seen any other solutions offered.
No, its not. I don't have and have NEVER had playable aliens.
sarge945

Post by sarge945 »

Valaska wrote: No, its not. I don't have and have NEVER had playable aliens.
Are you using a mod which modifies soldier health or damage taken?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Xcom/comments/ ... e_forever/
Valaska

Post by Valaska »

sarge945 wrote:

Yes I am! Are you the guy who pointed it out on reddit to me? I am just in a tower liberation atm but I will report if successful at the end! :D
sarge945

Post by sarge945 »

Valaska wrote:Yes I am! Are you the guy who pointed it out on reddit to me? I am just in a tower liberation atm but I will report if successful at the end! :D
I am not that guy.

Also, people on Reddit are saying you have to start a new campaign to get it to work.
Mickey -renraw-

My thoughts and experiences so far...

Post by Mickey -renraw- »

I just wanted to start with, great work on the mod, it really does feel like you're a rebellion fighting a guerilla war, you guys have managed to make huge changes from Long War 1 while still keeping it feeling like Long War, thank you so much guys

I thought I'd throw my 2 pence into the pile on my thoughts and experiences with Long War 2 so far, don't take this as any kind of disservice to the mod itself or the work put into it, they're just my opinions on my experiences.

Aim Range Bonuses
-I am kinda hoping you guys haven't finalised the range bonuses yet, point blank unimpaired base rookie against a target with no innate defense has an 85% to hit? I'm pressing the barrel of my gun against this Sectoids chest and i have a significant chance to miss? OG Long War range bonuses felt perfect, close range shots granularly gave bonuses up to +36 to hit at point blank with a rifle. This made it so that a base stats unimpaired rookie would always hit a target at point blank if the target had no defense. Point blank under these conditions (shooter unimpaired, target has no innate defense) should never miss be it XCOM or Advent (sans sniper rifle/machine gun)
Corpses Blocking Tiles
-I know this is a vanilla problem, but if someone needs stabilizing, quite often the only place of cover to do it, is from the incappeds position. Is it possible you guys might be able to do anything about this bug?
Hunker Down
-"Hunker Down bonii will no longer apply to units flanking you" This will apply to enemies too right? because i have a hilarious story to tell you guys about how my entire squad of 6 (almost all) at point blank all missed or grazed a flash banged Advent Captain. Let's just say it ended with my final trooper having to grenade 1 of my own troops to kill the Captain out of fear of his reprisal :/
-Mission Timers
I was kinda hoping you guys would have moved passed timers, they're an arbitrary way to create difficulty, something that Long War has never needed because it was difficult without feeling cheap. Timers should be feared and used sparingly like in EU/EW for Bomb Missions or Terror Missions (yes Terror Missions are timed missions). As it stands they're a detriment to the game and they're just down right fatiguing having to constantly deal with them. The enemy should be feared, not a number on the top right of the screen. Give our reason to rush be optional like the Meld canisters in EW, "I don't need to rush... but i kinda want to". Give missions bonus objectives that are on timers, or simply give a bonus reward for hitting those timers. And there should never be a situation when a timer hits and you lose your entire squad, it's obnoxious. If need be after extraction timers hit, give the squad a second marker they have to get to, and once there give us a message saying that it will take longer for them to return to the Avenger, say a week or 2 weeks, and maybe even give them injuries based on the heat level in the region when they return. Vanilla XCOM 2s solution to this really wasn't helpful, giving us a chance to rescue captured soldiers creates it's own problems
-Cover Based DR
I loved cover based DR in Long War 1. It punished luck based wildly shooting into cover and rewarded tactically flanking your target. It removed a certain amount of luck from Long War 1, and i think it would have just as positive an effect on Long War 2
-Sectoid Mind Spin
This has bugged me since release, why does a Sectoid Mind Spin ability with 3 different out comes with varying degrees of power all run off the same "to hit" roll? why is Mind Control just as easy to pull off as Disorientate/Stun? In Long War 1 those 3 abilities (Mind Fray, Panic and Mind Control) were separate, each with their own (justified) chance to succeed, Mind Fray the easiest, and Mind Control the hardest. Is it possible to separate out those abilities so that more powerful attacks are harder to pull off and weaker attacks are easier? It would lessen the input that luck has on a battle. My opinions atleast, others may disagree, but XCOM shouldn't be about fighting against the dice, (*edit- Or about fighting against the timers) it should be about fighting against the aliens.

As i said, only my opinions, thanks again for all the hard work you guys have put in :)
Last edited by Mickey -renraw- on Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
sarge945

Post by sarge945 »

I think a good solution would be to make the timer expiry trigger reinforcements every round instead of just ending the mission and stranding your squad. I understand the main objective still being failed if we exceed the time limit, but afterwards instead of abruptly ending, instead Advent is throwing everything they have at you. Reinforcements coming after the time limit would also not be preventable with officer abilities.

This would be especially cool on Rescue missions, like we are scrambling to the Skyranger against all odds
infidel901

Post by infidel901 »

Ahhhh! I Don't care about rookies anymore!! When do we get to play 1.1???
GavinRuneblade

Post by GavinRuneblade »

sarge945 wrote:

Interesting, at least two mods hitting a similar bug. Thanks for that link!
mc322

Post by mc322 »

Can you add symmetrical versions of all the kevlar arm options, so each arm has the option of NOT having the shields on the shoulders. The option of having them OR not having them on BOTH shoulders. Thanks for asking for fan input.
roberdjp

Post by roberdjp »

mc322 wrote:Can you add symmetrical versions of all the kevlar arm options, so each arm has the option of NOT having the shields on the shoulders. The option of having them OR not having them on BOTH shoulders. Thanks for asking for fan input.
I believe you are looking for this: https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/fil ... =626636844
Valaska

Post by Valaska »

sarge945 wrote:
Valaska wrote:Yes I am! Are you the guy who pointed it out on reddit to me? I am just in a tower liberation atm but I will report if successful at the end! :D
I am not that guy.

Also, people on Reddit are saying you have to start a new campaign to get it to work.
Ffff~~!!!

Although Ameni stated he is adding in a console command to unflag a squad so problem solved! I just... Have to avoid playing XCOM2 LW somehow until 1.1... Dunno if I can hack it :x I just got the last mission of East Africa liberation so I don't think I can even wait to finish infiltrating another mission (+5 wounded)... Does the last liberation mission expire or do they prep the longer you leave it?
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

K200Jay wrote:I seem to be getting a lot of Gatecrasher missions with Vipers on them. I asked one of the testers and he mentioned this is a bug caused by the game setting the force strength to +1.

It seems to happen when you start a new game after wiping, and probably progressing far enough? could this have something to do with memory not clearing when you restart a new game?

I wouldnt know, but its annoying and makes the game much harder, seeing as i also get Mutons a few missions later.
We had this occur a couple of times with our Legend testers. WE don't understand it. The only thing that seemed to make it go away was to clean out their save files.
ConradKurze

Post by ConradKurze »

Another bug just popped up for me:
My first haven (the one you start with) used to have 16 Personnel in it. After doing a Rendevouz mission in a *different* territory that haven now has 0 people in it. Haven't seen any pop ups regarding that haven or anything else interesting, but I am now short 13 active personnel, which is a huge hit. Any ideas what caused/how to fix it?