UPDATE: Long War 2 Patch 1.1 is now available

saroscycler

Re: Pending Changelist for 1.1 (NOT RELEASED)

Post by saroscycler »

How large will the update be? Will we have to re-download the entire gigabyte package?
Daergar

Post by Daergar »

I decided to wait for 1.1 to hit the streets before starting my epic journey. I'm not sure that was the best of decisions.

For the sake of cuddly kittens and blameless rookies, give it to us!

Oh, right; ridiculously awesome work on the overhaul ('tube to the rescue), my monies are ready to be applied to the kick-starter. Seriously, just put up a picture of a cute alien chick and we'll all fund the hell out of it.
gormack82

Post by gormack82 »

My uncle works at Pavonis and he said the patch will release sometime this year.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

Douglas? You're supposed to be in school now, young man.
LoadStar81

Post by LoadStar81 »

Jadiel wrote:
LoadStar81 wrote:It appears that Rapid Deployment does not work with flashbang grenades. Back in the previous perks mod, this was due to an incorrect object name, "StunGrenade" vs "StingGrenade". Might this same naming issue have happened again in LW2?
Rapid Deployment doesn't work with Flashbangs in 1.1? Or in the current release? It works fine for me at the moment...
I was talking about initial launch. Of it's working for everyone else, may be an error in my download. I'll try reverifying local data before testing again.
AegixDrakan

Post by AegixDrakan »

gormack82 wrote:My uncle works at Pavonis and he said the patch will release sometime this year.
Ahaha, well played. XD
johnnylump wrote:Douglas? You're supposed to be in school now, young man.
EVEN MORE WELL PLAYED!

*is laughing so hard it hurts*
trihero

Post by trihero »

johnnylump wrote:Douglas? You're supposed to be in school now, young man.
rekt :mrgreen:

I gotta say I agree with all the positive reviews, you guys did a really good job so far and I can't go back to vanilla.

Now give us 1.1 so we can moan about changes to make for 1.2. :ugeek:
kurnis

Post by kurnis »

Funny how I'm more excited about this than pretty much any other game!

Just waiting on 1.1 to actually start the campaign...

DIE ROOKIES DIE!
Sines

Post by Sines »

trihero wrote:I gotta say I agree with all the positive reviews, you guys did a really good job so far and I can't go back to vanilla.
I agree to a certain extent. Though I wouldn't say no to a properly balanced dynamic war version. Ironically, the Long part is my least favorite part of Long War :D. Of course, much of the game is balanced based on the idea that you'll have a long game, so it would be tricky to pare it down...

I expect I'll still play Vanilla every now and then, just because I don't feel like making a commitment for so much game every time I play ^_^
Last edited by Sines on Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Surrealistik

Post by Surrealistik »

The animation for the Drone stunner ability appears either bugged or incomplete; is it intended to just awkwardly emit gas? It's almost as if it's meant to have a follow up where it electrocutes its target (as in the gas is ionized air creating a channel for an electrolaser).
redsky14

Post by redsky14 »

Hi all!

Ok i lost big battle on my Commander save. i had 7 best soldiers in infiltration M. kill all enemies , moderate - heavy , 60%..

Problem was that after i killed first pod, all enemies from map start rushing into my squad. Is that normal or no ? I had to fight 15 of them at once and i start loosing my soldiers.. End was paintfull.. I could continue but on that hard diff level maybe better for me to wait for patch.

Btw, thank you thank you thank you for mod for players that want real challenge!! Your big fan since first LW.
infidel901

Post by infidel901 »

If you used grenades/rockets, the noise can pull them in. Apparently they can hear stuff. You can use this to decoy them to other areas of map.
ArchmageMC

Post by ArchmageMC »

infidel901 wrote:If you used grenades/rockets, the noise can pull them in. Apparently they can hear stuff. You can use this to decoy them to other areas of map.
I've tried that, it doesn't work. They still go to where the soldier is, not the sound. At least thats what it feels like, since I'm trying to distract them with a javlin rocket.
Arcalane

Post by Arcalane »

ArchmageMC wrote:
infidel901 wrote:If you used grenades/rockets, the noise can pull them in. Apparently they can hear stuff. You can use this to decoy them to other areas of map.
I've tried that, it doesn't work. They still go to where the soldier is, not the sound. At least thats what it feels like, since I'm trying to distract them with a javlin rocket.
I've also observed similar behaviour, but it was with mods. I was using Musashi's SpecOps class and set an X4 charge off to one side of the map, then ran off and detonated it a couple of turns later, hoping to draw the enemy's attention across the map. Instead, they made an immediate beeline for my squad, even though concealment wasn't broken by either of the actions.
Valaska

Post by Valaska »

Could we get a hotfix for stuck in infiltrating? It just effectively killed my second campaign :/

I completely erased my last one with save files, everything, reverified, removed all mods that was told were conflicting with it... It 100% has NOTHING to do with Health mods, it is supply raids. Supply raids with 0:0:0 or -0:0:2 timers, your avenger leaves, comes back, squad is gone along with the mission vanishing. I figured it wouldn't happen since we were told it was a compatibility error and not a LW2 error but it is 100% absolutely to do with LW2's supply raids and mission timers.
rfriar

Post by rfriar »

Sines wrote:
trihero wrote:I gotta say I agree with all the positive reviews, you guys did a really good job so far and I can't go back to vanilla.
I agree to a certain extent. Though I wouldn't say no to a properly balanced dynamic war version. Ironically, the Long part is my least favorite part of Long War :D. Of course, much of the game is balanced based on the idea that you'll have a long game, so it would be tricky to pare it down...

I expect I'll still play Vanilla every now and then, just because I don't feel like making a commitment for so much game every time I play ^_^
I'd go for a Marathon option myself. Fingers crossed? :P
gormack82

Post by gormack82 »

Please uncle don't let me go into the weekend without 1.1 you know I can't drink and think girls are icky :(
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

Valaska wrote:Could we get a hotfix for stuck in infiltrating? It just effectively killed my second campaign :/

I completely erased my last one with save files, everything, reverified, removed all mods that was told were conflicting with it... It 100% has NOTHING to do with Health mods, it is supply raids. Supply raids with 0:0:0 or -0:0:2 timers, your avenger leaves, comes back, squad is gone along with the mission vanishing. I figured it wouldn't happen since we were told it was a compatibility error and not a LW2 error but it is 100% absolutely to do with LW2's supply raids and mission timers.
We have not reproduced this so we don't know what might fix it. We don't have a separate branch with some code change we think affects this that we could even put out a hotfix with.
Veneficus

Post by Veneficus »

Are turrets still going to be able to fire beyond visual range? That is really annoying.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

Veneficus wrote:Are turrets still going to be able to fire beyond visual range? That is really annoying.
Of course they are! The aliens want to win.

You can mod that out in XComLW_Overhaul.ini , just search on turret or squadsight.
Veneficus

Post by Veneficus »

fair enough, I'll live with it.
Sines

Post by Sines »

I assume Pavonis will not be working on this over the weekend? I was taking a break from the game to wait for the patch, as I was guessing it was going to be finished before too long. However, if there's no work on the weekend, that's an extra two days to add onto an already nebulous time frame (Not an insult, I understand why it's nebulous), and I suppose I'll just pick it up again, in spite of the less awesome SPARKs and Flamethrowers.
AMightyPie

Post by AMightyPie »

any chance an update will come along in the future addressing performance for xcom2/lw2 i know its not generally your area but thought id ask as performance is just poor on base game but i cant play it with lw2 atm :(
NephilimNexus

Post by NephilimNexus »

Considering that most of this is bugfixes, I'm happy to wait. After all, rushing things is where bugs come from in the first place.
Narcissistic_Martyr

Post by Narcissistic_Martyr »

Rookies... rookies... not ringing a bell...

Oh... you mean disposable overwatch removal devices? Those things you use when flash bangs are too precious to waste?

Seriously though, looking forward to the changes.