UPDATE: Long War 2 Patch 1.1 is now available

johnnylump
Site Admin

Re: UPDATE: Long War 2 Patch 1.1 is now available

Post by johnnylump »

It takes like an hour to upload to the Nexus. It's at 46%, but I gotta run to the store and will make it live after I get back, assuming it's all in before we have to go down to Denver for lunch and the Star Wars costumes exhibit

EDIT: It's on the Nexus.
NephilimNexus

Post by NephilimNexus »

Oh goody! Now we just have to wait for Nexus to finish processing. I'm excited! :mrgreen:
jztemple

Post by jztemple »

johnnylump wrote:It takes like an hour to upload to the Nexus. It's at 46%, but I gotta run to the store and will make it live after I get back, assuming it's all in before we have to go down to Denver for lunch and the Star Wars costumes exhibit.
Where are you guys based? I used to live in Colorado Springs and worked for a while in Littleton at Lockheed Martin.
NephilimNexus

Post by NephilimNexus »

Questions:

1) Do we need to completely erase the old version, or can I just drag/drop/overwrite with the new files?

2) Do we need to erase the Config file like before?

3) Do we need to start a new game for it to work properly?
Jeckhyl

Post by Jeckhyl »

Can you please give use the location of the cheat co... errr the feature Bronzeman in the ini ?
DougS2K

Post by DougS2K »

NephilimNexus wrote:Questions:

1) Do we need to completely erase the old version, or can I just drag/drop/overwrite with the new files?

2) Do we need to erase the Config file like before?

3) Do we need to start a new game for it to work properly?
Would like to know this info too.
Amineri

Post by Amineri »

NephilimNexus wrote: 1) Do we need to completely erase the old version, or can I just drag/drop/overwrite with the new files?
In theory you should be able to just overwrite. However it's not something we've tested extensively -- we developers have both an incremental build and complete rebuild option, while our testers primarily use workshop, which handles any removing of old files.
NephilimNexus wrote: 2) Do we need to erase the Config file like before?
I've but some changes in that move our remaining UI overrides out of Engine.ini (which was the main culprit of having to regen inis). So it should work better without regenning inis, although we're keeping it as part of the troubleshooting steps until we get more feedback on that.
NephilimNexus wrote: 3) Do we need to start a new game for it to work properly?
I should work with existing campaigns, although there may be a few issues, like with class perks changed, or if you had psi soldiers (those changes won't be retroactive for existing psi soldiers). Out testers had ongoing campaigns that they continued playing while we were rolling these changes out to them, so it should be pretty compatible with existing campaigns.
Amineri

Post by Amineri »

Jeckhyl wrote:Can you please give use the location of the cheat co... errr the feature Bronzeman in the ini ?
File is XComGameCore.ini

Code: Select all

EnableRestartMissionButtonInNonIronman=true
EnableRestartMissionButtonInIronman=false
The default is that it is enabled in non-Ironman campaigns, but disabled in Ironman.
Valaska

Post by Valaska »

Zloth wrote:
Valaska wrote:WOOO my squad shall be free from this infiltrating curse!
But I'm not done with Witcher 3 yet! Nooooooooooooooooooo! :ugeek:
HAH! I was doing the same thing but with Dragon Age Inquisition! That game is SO long with the sidequests, I still need to play Witcher 3.
LCN_86

Post by LCN_86 »

I use the steam workshop version, so how I can tell if my game is updated or not? It downloaded fine, but I'd like to confirm that it actually runs as 1.1 somehow.
trihero

Post by trihero »

Thanks guys, gonna spend some time today to play 1.1 ^^

How many rookies died in the making of this patch?? :o :o :o
Jeckhyl

Post by Jeckhyl »

Amineri wrote:
Jeckhyl wrote:Can you please give use the location of the cheat co... errr the feature Bronzeman in the ini ?
File is XComGameCore.ini

Code: Select all

EnableRestartMissionButtonInNonIronman=true
EnableRestartMissionButtonInIronman=false
The default is that it is enabled in non-Ironman campaigns, but disabled in Ironman.
Thank you.
trihero

Post by trihero »

-- Rebalance of damage and fire chances because it's so much more effective now, specifically, Reduced chance to directly apply burning effect from 75% to 60% for flamethrower/firestorm, and from 33% to 20% for Roust; Reduced % of tiles set on fire from 85% to 50% for flamethrower, and from 25% to 20% for Roust. Firestorm is unchanged.
The tooltip for Roust still says 33%
Daergar

Post by Daergar »

Many Rookies died to bring us this patch. Also, there goes my sleep for the weekend, thanks!
trihero

Post by trihero »

I had high hopes for patch 1.1, and you have outdone yourself. Good work, Pavonis. - the spokesman's manly voice
ScorpZero

Post by ScorpZero »

johnnylump wrote:It takes like an hour to upload to the Nexus. It's at 46%, but I gotta run to the store and will make it live after I get back, assuming it's all in before we have to go down to Denver for lunch and the Star Wars costumes exhibit

EDIT: It's on the Nexus.
Thanks you very much, Sir! :)
casualeddy

Post by casualeddy »

I got my mac version to work using the workaround but it appears that this patch now causes the game to crash when I click on a solider in the barracks. Any thoughts on how to get around this?
Cloista

Post by Cloista »

- Gave rookie-diff xcom soldiers +5 offense
- Added a bunch of AWC perks to each level, lots of doubling up and a few (Combat Fitness, Lone Wolf, Damn Good Ground) that cross offense and defense
- Added some melee abilities to AWC for gunner/shinobi

Do these retroactively affect existing soldiers?
seether28

Post by seether28 »

johnnylump wrote:EDIT: It's on the Nexus.
Is the hotfix included in that?
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

I'm putting it up shortly; will update when done.
DougS2K

Post by DougS2K »

johnnylump wrote:I'm putting it up shortly; will update when done.
Thanks for the effort. Waiting for hotfix myself.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

jztemple wrote:
johnnylump wrote:It takes like an hour to upload to the Nexus. It's at 46%, but I gotta run to the store and will make it live after I get back, assuming it's all in before we have to go down to Denver for lunch and the Star Wars costumes exhibit.
Where are you guys based? I used to live in Colorado Springs and worked for a while in Littleton at Lockheed Martin.
I'm in Louisville outside of Boulder. Everybody else is remote.
Sines

Post by Sines »

So, how long does it take on average to reach the 8 and 12 FL mentioned for unlocking DLC content? Judging by XWynns comment on the subject, I was able to take on the SPARK mission without difficulty with just lasers and AP Rounds way sooner than what I believe to be FL 8. I also think that I'd do just fine on the Alien Ruler unlock mission at this point. Both missions seem slightly easier in LW (your troops are a bit stronger than Vanilla troops, against the same enemies), and these missions were doable (with difficulty) with T1 equipment, but the T1.5 lasers, and more reliable AP / Tracer ammo makes these things possible even sooner.

While the Ruler content does make the game harder, and thus should be pushed back, The Lost Towers mission is not really that bad once you know what to expect (and when you can stop running and let your skills cooldown). Is the intent here partially to prevent players getting SPARKs too soon? They do look to be improved from before.

Lastly, what does it take to get better weapons for the SPARK? I've got access to all Laser Weapons, but there is no such option for the SPARK. Do they only have access to 3 tiers of weaponry? If so, then I'd assume they get new weapons whenever you research the Mag and Plasma Cannons?

Post Script: Speaking of the Alien Rulers, has the rewards for them been changed at all? Previously, you got a total of 7 items for playing through that content. The upgraded weapons and three suits of armor. This was pretty handy when you could have a 6 man dream team, but with the larger number of used soldiers, and greater possibility of losing the gear thanks to more Evac missions, it seems like Alien Rulers adds a lot more difficulty while their rewards are only modestly useful.
AegixDrakan

Post by AegixDrakan »

Lovely, just restarted the mission (via console commands) with my frozen captive soldier and she was good to go.

Thank you for your continued hard work, guys! :)
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

johnnylump wrote:I'm putting it up shortly; will update when done.
Unfortunately, the Nexus is reporting an error with large uploads this evening, so I am unable to get the hotfix up at this time. Will update when it gets fixed.