UPDATE: Long War 2 Patch 1.1 is now available

seether28

Re: UPDATE: Long War 2 Patch 1.1 is now available

Post by seether28 »

johnnylump wrote:
johnnylump wrote:I'm putting it up shortly; will update when done.
Unfortunately, the Nexus is reporting an error with large uploads this evening, so I am unable to get the hotfix up at this time. Will update when it gets fixed.
I would have thought a hotfix would be better as a separate download, unless such a download would require too much manual fiddling to create.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

I can't dig into the existing zip file that's posted; I have to upload the entire mod in one package. I can separately post up the individual file that changed but users would have to plug it in themselves in the mod's file structure. If the Nexus doesn't get fixed soon I'll go that route.
saroscycler

Post by saroscycler »

A hotfix wouldn't be too hard to install manually.
Zyxpsilon

Post by Zyxpsilon »

Yeah.. trust me, i know.
I was making small personal edits to the core XComGame.INT file locally while the auto-steam upload cycle was secretly happening. Took my Notepad++ changes -- saved the transit temp hook -- got back into the game for a rapid check -- KABOOOOMMM -- ERROR -- SHAPEDCHARGE HAS NO FRIENDLYNAME.

Wffouat?? Honestly, i started to stare at the ceiling once more - explanation further below. Went to Steam only to see the dreaded bottom warning line == 1 of 1 downloaded. Anyway long story short... Spiderman & the Stargate-SG1 team (etc) must return to my ongoing campaign -duh.

Soooooo i want to officially thank Shadow79 (again, publicly) for Zipping and DropBoxing me the authentic precious (reference) file.

As if it wasn't enough that ModBuddy refuses to recognize such INT localization acrobatics (i suspect some wildly embedded folders of multiple LW gimmicks).. i'm stuck in limbo trying to develop (well continue it) a solid qUIck_LW2 magic rainbow of custom HUD/UI elements in a cool Mod.

Thus -- JL + TT + Amineri (other staff included).. when time allows, please pay a visit to that related thread of mine. :shock:
ScorpZero

Post by ScorpZero »

I can separately post up the individual file that changed but users would have to plug it in themselves in the mod's file structure. If the Nexus doesn't get fixed soon I'll go that route.
It will be a great solution! :) I believe that the most of players are changing the mod's files for their own taste, so they will know how to apply this anyway. :D
Legatus

Post by Legatus »

johnnylump wrote:Changelists will also be posted here http://www.pavonisinteractive.com/longw ... ngelog.htm
Bugfixes
- Fixed bug preventing tactical DEs from occurring. This will cause a meaningful increase in difficulty.
What does this means?

Also Johnnylump: Hallelujah. You're my savior, man. My own personal Jesus Christ. Thanks for the awesome patch.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

We've separated Dark Events into two types -- strategic and tactical. The tactical ones are the ones that improve the aliens in combat -- like everybody gets +1 hp. Those will now show up and can be countered by missions.
Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Not sure if this is due to the patch or not. Also no idea how to tell if I am on patch 1.1 or if I have the reinforcements hotfix or not.

Playing a mission just over 100% infil with light advent presence and three pods of reasonable strength on map all in a short line between drop point and hacking objective. 1 MEC, couple of sectoids, officer and viper - not the easiest for my low ish ranking squad with base weapons + 2 laser rifles, but I think doable given my experience thus far with LW2.

So deal with first 2 pods (with 1 3hp trooper left) and avoid activating 3rd that are camping the objective... so far so good. Have 5 turns left. Reinforcements drop, ok fair enough but didn't expect em quite so soon. viper, gunner, MEC and Heavy MEC drop!!! Not seen a heavy MEC before so quite surprised to get a normal one as well for reinforcements - this is going to be a mega challenge for this small inexperienced squad, but I hack a MEC so probably survivable.

My issue is that it says reinforcements incoming again. Never ever seen that (barring the haven protection missions) where you get reinforcements on two successive turns. This is quite impossible since I've still got a pod and 1 trooper from what was on the map to start with. So that's reinforcements on turn 3 and 4 of a timed 9 turn hack objective map!

Is this expected behaviour? Is this the new patch? Bug? Honestly feel like this came from nowhere and I am suspecting I will be losing these 5 troopers having moved less than a single sprint from the drop point. I like a challenge, but this feels a little unfair. Ouch.

EDIT: Got lucky controlled a MEC, used remaining grenade and rocket to take out troopers and whittled down the heavy MEC after he almost killed the gunner (down to 1 hp) but I thought ok we can do this. Then reinforcements again, then again!. That's reinforcements on turns 3,4, 6 & 7... surely this is not right? I can't get anywhere near the objective at all.

Note that I did start the mission night before last but didn't play any turns until today after patch so could that be it - loading a save in a mission? Also should mention this is Veteran diff and region strength is 7.

EDIT 2: I gave up and reloaded an earlier save on the geoscope. I'm now not 100% sure there was a round break from the reinforcement drops, it was a bit hectic. What I do know is they kept coming every round until mission was failed and I evac'ed. The evac timer was only 2 because having reloaded the activity is: light, vunerable @ 167% infiltration so it was definitely unexpected to have so many reinforcements. Just about to do mission again with it initialised after patch to see if it's still so bad.
Last edited by Hazelnut on Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

ScorpZero wrote:
I can separately post up the individual file that changed but users would have to plug it in themselves in the mod's file structure. If the Nexus doesn't get fixed soon I'll go that route.
It will be a great solution! :) I believe that the most of players are changing the mod's files for their own taste, so they will know how to apply this anyway. :D
I've posted a separate hotfix for the Nexus version of the mod. Players will have to insert it into the mod's file structure by following the included instructions. Should be able to grab it here: http://www.nexusmods.com/xcom2/download/2045/?
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

Hazelnut wrote:Not sure if this is due to the patch or not. Also no idea how to tell if I am on patch 1.1 or if I have the reinforcements hotfix or not.

Playing a mission just over 100% infil with light advent presence and three pods of reasonable strength on map all in a short line between drop point and hacking objective. 1 MEC, couple of sectoids, officer and viper - not the easiest for my low ish ranking squad with base weapons + 2 laser rifles, but I think doable given my experience thus far with LW2.

So deal with first 2 pods (with 1 3hp trooper left) and avoid activating 3rd that are camping the objective... so far so good. Have 5 turns left. Reinforcements drop, ok fair enough but didn't expect em quite so soon. viper, gunner, MEC and Heavy MEC drop!!! Not seen a heavy MEC before so quite surprised to get a normal one as well for reinforcements - this is going to be a mega challenge for this small inexperienced squad, but I hack a MEC so probably survivable.

My issue is that it says reinforcements incoming again. Never ever seen that (barring the haven protection missions) where you get reinforcements on two successive turns. This is quite impossible since I've still got a pod and 1 trooper from what was on the map to start with. So that's reinforcements on turn 3 and 4 of a timed 9 turn hack objective map!

Is this expected behaviour? Is this the new patch? Bug? Honestly feel like this came from nowhere and I am suspecting I will be losing these 5 troopers having moved less than a single sprint from the drop point. I like a challenge, but this feels a little unfair. Ouch.

EDIT: Got lucky controlled a MEC, used remaining grenade and rocket to take out troopers and whittled down the heavy MEC after he almost killed the gunner (down to 1 hp) but I thought ok we can do this. Then reinforcements again, then again!. That's reinforcements on turns 3,4, 6 & 7... surely this is not right? I can't get anywhere near the objective at all.

Note that I did start the mission night before last but didn't play any turns until today after patch so could that be it - loading a save in a mission? Also should mention this is Veteran diff and region strength is 7.
That sounds like a trap mission the aliens will occasionally throw at you. Occurs in regions of high ADVENT strength.
Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

johnnylump wrote: That sounds like a trap mission the aliens will occasionally throw at you. Occurs in regions of high ADVENT strength.
A trap mission eh? Okay so that's working as intended then? Cool, I had no idea about that feature and thought it might be a bug. :)

so I'm likely to get kicked in the balls again then. hooray. :D I will be more open to a retreat this time, but will see what happens.

Those sneaky sneaky advent.
mynystry

Post by mynystry »

Hi, is there a way to download patch 1.1 seperately and install it above v1.0? or is it the only way to download the whole mod again +1.5GB?
Plysh

Post by Plysh »

Amineri wrote:
Jeckhyl wrote:Can you please give use the location of the cheat co... errr the feature Bronzeman in the ini ?
File is XComGameCore.ini

Code: Select all

EnableRestartMissionButtonInNonIronman=true
EnableRestartMissionButtonInIronman=false
The default is that it is enabled in non-Ironman campaigns, but disabled in Ironman.
Changing the second line to true makes the "restart mission" button appear, but nothing happens when I click it.
Willowran

Post by Willowran »

Sorry, I'm still new to Steam mods and XCOM2, but how can I be sure that I have 1.1 installed, vs 1.0? I don't know if my game updated.
sarge945

Post by sarge945 »

Willowran wrote:Sorry, I'm still new to Steam mods and XCOM2, but how can I be sure that I have 1.1 installed, vs 1.0? I don't know if my game updated.
If you are using the Workshop version, it will automatically update to the latest version. You can further verify this by looking at your downloads - Xcom 2 Workshop Content should download every time any of your mods is updated.

Does anyone know of a console command or a location where we can see the LW2 version? Would be very helpful
Jeckhyl

Post by Jeckhyl »

Hello,

Is there a place where I can see the version of Long War I'm running, or a line of code to type to get the version ?

Thank you.
Jeckhyl

Post by Jeckhyl »

Plysh wrote:Changing the second line to true makes the "restart mission" button appear, but nothing happens when I click it.
Same thing here (at least in the first mission - didn't check later in the campaign).
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

Jeckhyl wrote:Hello,

Is there a place where I can see the version of Long War I'm running, or a line of code to type to get the version ?

Thank you.
LW_Overhaul.ini

line 1116-8 (use Notepad++)

[LW_Overhaul.LWVersion]
MajorVersion=1
MinorVersion=1
Methadone

Post by Methadone »

Jeckhyl wrote:
Plysh wrote:Changing the second line to true makes the "restart mission" button appear, but nothing happens when I click it.
Same thing here (at least in the first mission - didn't check later in the campaign).
Nope, doesn't work even later on.
anonynamja

Post by anonynamja »

Any chance of including the mission reward and effect on the AAR screen? Like find a lead, intel package etc.