ADVENT soldiers have hidden +aim if shooting at soldiers in cover?

ArchmageMC

ADVENT soldiers have hidden +aim if shooting at soldiers in cover?

Post by ArchmageMC »

Topic. It should be impossible for an 8% chance to hit shot to crit with a graze band of 10, right?

If they do have this hidden boost, it makes sense how they hit those 13-18% shots so regularly too without evr getting a graze...

And apparently Perfect Information is a bit broken with this mod so that must've been the reason I saw such a weird number crit. Oh well.
Last edited by ArchmageMC on Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
LordYanaek

Re: ADVENT soldiers have hidden +aim if shooting at soldiers in cover?

Post by LordYanaek »

How do you know their exact CtH? If you are using perfect information, it has been reported to not always be accurate with LW2 so that might explain it.

Also, how often is "regularly"? Did you keep track of this like noting exactly how many hits and misses they do and their CtH. We often tend to remember those unlucky shots where we miss at 85% or be hit at 15% but we forget aliens also miss some good 80% shots and if we rarely score 20% hits, it's because we don't take them in the first place.
ArchmageMC

Post by ArchmageMC »

LordYanaek wrote:How do you know their exact CtH? If you are using perfect information, it has been reported to not always be accurate with LW2 so that might explain it.

Also, how often is "regularly"? Did you keep track of this like noting exactly how many hits and misses they do and their CtH. We often tend to remember those unlucky shots where we miss at 85% or be hit at 15% but we forget aliens also miss some good 80% shots and if we rarely score 20% hits, it's because we don't take them in the first place.
Oh, is Perfect Information broken? That would also explain things. I know it shows the graze band as extra dodge. Welp, rip this topic then.

Also yeah. Stunlancers tend to miss a LOT xD. Or they attack the gunner with the counter attack move.
LordYanaek

Post by LordYanaek »

ArchmageMC wrote: Oh, is Perfect Information broken? That would also explain things.
According to the mods compatibility list from this sticky it's not "broken" but also not totally accurate. I use it, but tend to ignore the flyover ThC and will probably just disable it for now.
Compatible with LW2, but cis sometimes not 100% accurate. Not sure if it is a vanilla issue
Not sure what cis stands for thought.
mattprice516
Long War 2 Crew

Post by mattprice516 »

Did that soldier by any chance have negative dodge? IIRC a soldier with negative dodge in LW2 can roll to "dodge the wrong way" (which does basically the same thing as a crit, upgrades result) so you could have a graze rolled and then both a negative dodge and a crit.

Or it could be a bug, hard to tell.
eisenefaust

Post by eisenefaust »

I did notice some odd aim behavior with -10 Dodge and below. It may cause very strange things. I noted it here: http://www.pavonisinteractive.com/phpBB ... 343#p26343