Options while in concealment

Zaramnor

Options while in concealment

Post by Zaramnor »

I remember watching a YouTube video, where someone's concealed soldier threw a Flashbang
(?) to attract aliens to a point elsewhere, so that the (still concealed) team had more free room to move around.

When I try this, the throw is marked with the red eye and it always breaks my concealment, even if there are no aliens visible.

Do I remember wrong? Was it from an early mod version? Do I do it the wrong way? Do I need special skills for that?

If there is a way to do it right, what other options do I have? Civilians reveal me before running away screaming, I can't use them this way. Anything else? Some more options while concealed?
LordYanaek

Re: Options while in concealment

Post by LordYanaek »

Now, this gives me an idea. A "sound grenade" whose sole purpose would be to create noise and attract patrols without breaking concealment. You could give this to a fast moving soldier and use it away from main team, then try to move around the now approaching patrols while rest of the team would have a few turns of respite.

The stealth/guerrilla part of the game have been greatly improved by LW2 but now it's even more apparent how non-existent it was before and i just want more :lol:
Sentenryu

Post by Sentenryu »

A "sound grenade" whose sole purpose would be to create noise and attract patrols without breaking concealment

Enemy within had that: http://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php/Mimi ... n_(EU2012)
LordYanaek

Post by LordYanaek »

It's not exactly what i was thinking but ... sort of.

Except it would only attract non activated patrols, so it couldn't be used to escape from bad combat situation, but to avoid those (or possibly to lay out an ambush, unless they are limited to be used while in concealment.
8wayz

Post by 8wayz »

I would check whether the streamer/youtuber is using any other mods, especialy Stealth-related ones.

Afterwards please try to make some noise without actually ovelaping he red area - throw the flashbang outside of it or use Demolition to bring down some cover.

Don't get your hopes up, this is not a stealth game. :)
ORIONOX

Post by ORIONOX »

Zaramnor wrote:I remember watching a YouTube video, where someone's concealed soldier threw a Flashbang
(?) to attract aliens to a point elsewhere, so that the (still concealed) team had more free room to move around.

When I try this, the throw is marked with the red eye and it always breaks my concealment, even if there are no aliens visible.

Do I remember wrong? Was it from an early mod version? Do I do it the wrong way? Do I need special skills for that?

If there is a way to do it right, what other options do I have? Civilians reveal me before running away screaming, I can't use them this way. Anything else? Some more options while concealed?
That's probably because the unit he had concealed had phantom and stayed concealed when the rest of his squad was revealed. Also the sound grenade sounds like an amazing idea, a grenade that doesn't break stealth and emits a loud noise attracting all enemies in the vicinity. instead of a grenade it might work better as a deploy-able with a detonator though.