[LW2] [Suggestion] Infiltration in Excess of 100% boosts Turn Limits

vengefire

[LW2] [Suggestion] Infiltration in Excess of 100% boosts Turn Limits

Post by vengefire »

Suggestion : Increase the timer limit by 1 turn per 25% infiltration beyond 100%. Make it configurable so that you can tweak it to your liking. Perhaps default it to 1 per 110% so there is no discernable limit increase, but it becomes a game setting that can be fiddled with if so desired.

I don't have an issue with the time limits per se, but it would be nice to have some further bonus to "over infiltration" that would provide a little more breathing room to either be more tactical during the mission in question, or use those additional turns to punish the aliens where I might not have before. It might allow for more space to make different decisions in mission as opposed to merely replaying the same ideal tactics over and over.

I am presupposing that the engine is flexible enough to do this.

I'm certain there's a design reason for the lack of this rather obvious benefit of "over infiltrating" a mission, and if there is I would very much like to hear the reasons thereof from a purely curious perspective.

Just a thought :P
Devon_v
Long War EU Crew

Re: [LW2] [Suggestion] Infiltration in Excess of 100% boosts Turn Limits

Post by Devon_v »

Over infiltration reduces enemy numbers, reduces the evac timer, and eventually reduces enemy detection radius. All of that makes the mission much easier to complete within the allotted time.

Remember that LW2 does not expect nor encourage you to clear the map. The bonus XP is minimal, and there is little loot of note. Only the objective matters. If a pod can be bypassed, bypass it. The last mission I played was VIP elimination, I sent a Sharpshooter and a Shinobi, got eyes on the target, squad sight shot, walked to evac. Total enemy kills 0.
JLtheking

Re: [LW2] [Suggestion] Infiltration in Excess of 100% boosts Turn Limits

Post by JLtheking »

Devon is right in that the feature you suggest might be doubling up on infiltration benefits.

If you want it though, True Concealment by Robojumper has a similar feature to the one you requested. It has an option to delay the turn timer the better your infiltration.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =847481752