Boosting Infiltration sometimes has no effect?

Jadiel

Boosting Infiltration sometimes has no effect?

Post by Jadiel »

I'm doing one of the Liberation missions on my Commander difficulty game, and I have to Neutralize a target. I sent in a small two-man squad hoping to do it stealthily, and thinking that I'd be able to get the Enemy Strength down low enough to be able to do this. At the moment (at 103% infiltration), enemy state is Normal and enemy strength is LIGHT. If I spend 25 intel on a boost, its state goes to Vulnerable, but the strength is still LIGHT.

Does boosting and/or additional infiltration actually have no effect at all sometimes?
Angelus1701

Re: Boosting Infiltration sometimes has no effect?

Post by Angelus1701 »

I think boosting intel doubles whatever the current percentage of the infiltration is at. If the percentage is only 23%, boosting will increase to 46%. There might be a cap but I have no idea what it might be.

Also, if you boost before the mission expiration and then add more time, say you have 12 hours left to increase the percentage, that extra bit is not boosted. If you boost to 46%, it's the same percentage increase afterwards

Boosting right when the mission timer expires seems to the best time to boost
profDEADPOOL

Post by profDEADPOOL »

An increase in infiltration always has an effect.

It just might not be enough to take the mission from Light to Very Light.

The formula for boosting is simple.

Infiltration % + (Infiltration % * 0.75) = final infiltration after boost.

The infiltration % is the % infiltrated when you actually launch the mission.

The only cap is that you cannot infiltrate over 200%.

IT DOES NOT MATTER WHEN YOU CHOOSE TO BOOST. IT IS BOTH RETROACTIVE AND APPLIES TO ALL INFILTRATION AFTER BOOSTING.
trihero

Post by trihero »

Jadiel wrote:I'm doing one of the Liberation missions on my Commander difficulty game, and I have to Neutralize a target. I sent in a small two-man squad hoping to do it stealthily, and thinking that I'd be able to get the Enemy Strength down low enough to be able to do this. At the moment (at 103% infiltration), enemy state is Normal and enemy strength is LIGHT. If I spend 25 intel on a boost, its state goes to Vulnerable, but the strength is still LIGHT.

Does boosting and/or additional infiltration actually have no effect at all sometimes?
In the case that you suggested, it does actually have an effect, it is just small. Those words like light, very light, actually encompass some range of enemy size/pods. There are variations within light/very light is what I'm trying to say.

However, from experience I do believe that headquarters/network/objective missions have no effect past 100%. I have done the same mission with 100% and 200% and the enemy body count at the end is always the same. For normal missions like liberation missions, there sure is an effect past 100%.

Also, the amount of infiltration you get boosted depends on difficulty, rookie you get double boost, on legend it's only 50% boost and it costs 30 intel.

Also you can't really see it on rookie because the evac times are 1 turn at 100%+, but on higher difficulties your evac delay goes down significantly if you hit 200% compared to 100%.