SPARKs: Are Multiple Classes Being Considered?

Lestat13

SPARKs: Are Multiple Classes Being Considered?

Post by Lestat13 »

I looked as hard as I could, but I couldn't find a topic relating to SPARKs, and the concept of multiple classes for them.

I originally bought XCOM EU/EW for the MECs, and the various MEC classes is a big reason of why I installed, and kept playing LW1. As it stands SPARKs have a lot of concepts crammed into their skill tree; there's Bullet Wizard, Tank, Overwatcher, Meleeing, and Heavy Weapons/AoE. With XCOM 2 you could easily add stealth, and hacking dedicated SPARKs.

I want to know if Pavonis is interested in one day adding multiple SPARK classes that add new playstyles, and expand on existing ones. I'm having fun right now, but I miss a lot of the fun toys my MECs had previously.
Devon_v
Long War EU Crew

Re: SPARKs: Are Multiple Classes Being Considered?

Post by Devon_v »

Considering Valkyrie, Goliath, Jaeger, and Pathfinder are in the character pool editor...yes?
Sines

Post by Sines »

Great, give the robots greater variety of ability, so that they can replace humanity entirely. Throw off one overlord for another!
Thrair
Long War 2 Crew

Post by Thrair »

Devon_v wrote:Considering Valkyrie, Goliath, Jaeger, and Pathfinder are in the character pool editor...yes?
They are? Not seeing them in the in-game UI. Was it removed in 1.1?
Arcalane

Post by Arcalane »

Dev builds. ;)
Sentenryu

Post by Sentenryu »

You sure that isn't from the -bg- mod on the workshop that adds support for multiple spark classes? JL stated before that they didn't plan to do multiple classes for sparks.
Zerikin

Post by Zerikin »

I miss my Pathfinder. Hit and run on a mech was so good.
Devon_v
Long War EU Crew

Post by Devon_v »

Hmm. Not aware that I have any SPARK mods installed. Pretty sure I saw them from my first install of LW2. I'll have to take a look.

A shame if they aren't doing them, SPARKS are so boring compared to LW MECs.
moroniccinamun

Post by moroniccinamun »

If I recall, they are not planning on it at all. Both because it is much harder to modify DLC stuffy because there is an extra wall to the code so to speak, and because the effort doesn't yield a whole lot as it is purely optional content.
Arcalane

Post by Arcalane »

moroniccinamun wrote:If I recall, they are not planning on it at all. Both because it is much harder to modify DLC stuffy because there is an extra wall to the code so to speak, and because the effort doesn't yield a whole lot as it is purely optional content.
PI already updated the basic SPARK perkset to match the other PP/LW2 classes and someone else has already made a proof-of-concept that supports custom SPARK classes and a custom class (look for 'SPARK Pugilist' on the workshop).

It's far from impossible. It may also be that they haven't invested as much time into it, though - I think to really get the variety needed to match LW1 MECs they'd need to bring back some of the back and arm weapons.