Napalm-X Mechanics?

Zerikin

Napalm-X Mechanics?

Post by Zerikin »

What are the proc chances for Napalm-X? Does it have different values for Roust like being set on fire does?
Zerikin

Re: Napalm-X Mechanics?

Post by Zerikin »

Anyone? I dove into the code a bit and was unable to find the details. It looks like the panic is done with will roll of some sort, as expected, still not clear where the disorient would happen though.
Jadiel

Post by Jadiel »

I think I heard one of the play testers saying that the disorientate effect only works on mechanical targets (presumably only if you have the Phosphor perk?) I've taken the perk on all my technical soldiers so far, but I find it pretty underwhelming. I think I've seen it trigger panic once (up until then I was wondering if it was bugged...) Fortify seems a lot better.
Zerikin

Post by Zerikin »

Hmm, it sounds underwhelming. I'll have to do some in game testing myself I guess.
Manifest

Post by Manifest »

Similarly I've tried using MEC intimidate with the second level armor. It's activated 10+ times but has not panicked once it's insane.
NephilimNexus

Post by NephilimNexus »

Manifest wrote:Similarly I've tried using MEC intimidate with the second level armor. It's activated 10+ times but has not panicked once it's insane.
It's that way in vanilla, too. Fireaxis bug, not LW2.
Manifest

Post by Manifest »

NephilimNexus wrote:
Manifest wrote:Similarly I've tried using MEC intimidate with the second level armor. It's activated 10+ times but has not panicked once it's insane.
It's that way in vanilla, too. Fireaxis bug, not LW2.
I mean, I wasn't even sure it was a bug.
xwynns
Long War 2 Crew

Post by xwynns »

I seem to recall it being either a 25% or 33% to panic. I used it to ambush 6 advent in my LP #27 just now and it panicked 2 of them. No idea where it is in the INI though. The disorient effect I just presumed was robots only but I've never actually tried it. I will soon though.
Zerikin

Post by Zerikin »

Ok, thanks. Been watching your campaign so if you use it there I'll see it too. 25-33% to panic seems kinda bad though. If the disorient on robots is high though that might be its main purpose.