Is Lightning Reflexes and Ready for Anything working as intended?

mehgamer

Is Lightning Reflexes and Ready for Anything working as intended?

Post by mehgamer »

In multiple times in my campaign I've witnessed advent scouts and vipers run multiple overwatch shots with lightning reflexes and perfect information indicating 0% to hit for each shot. I've only once had a different value, and that was the third shot in achain - the shot was listed as 15%. This was, however, the only occasion of a non-zero percentage appearing, despite repeatedly firing multiple overwatches into vipers across my campaign. This doesn't seem right at all, considering that while in Xcom EU/EW Lightning reflexes made the unit immune to overwatch fire, it only worked on the first shot - not multiple ones in sequence. And the Long War adjustment turned it to a 90% aim reduction on the first and 70% on any additional shots. Compared to these previous systems, the one I'm seeing now seems unreasonable, and I'm hoping it's just a glitch.

Meanwhile, and this is repeatable enough that I doubt it's a glitch unless something in my files is broken somehow, Advent Sentinels proc "Ready for Anything" after moving and shooting. This violates the perk description, and strikes me as unfair as well - 2 or more sentinels of any level in the battlefield will quickly pin Xcom down without actually "trying," since the overwatches they use activate no matter what they do.

I can't tell if these are glitches or features, so I'm posting as a general topic to see - if it's a glitch then I can by all means go back and try to repeat these things and grab a few save files.
Garthor

Re: Is Lightning Reflexes and Ready for Anything working as intended?

Post by Garthor »

Lightning Reflexes is changed from Long War 1 and I would suggest reading its (extended) description before you proclaim it isn't working as intended. As for Ready For Anything, it's not even available to XCOM any more. It's now just what Sentries do.