Protect Supply raid -- No corpses?

Dralex

Protect Supply raid -- No corpses?

Post by Dralex »

Just finished the 'protect rebel supplies' mission where you get wave after wave of reinforcements (I think 3-4) plus some additional that seem to wander in.

Anyway, nothing dropped any loot during the mission.

When it was over I expected to get corpses since there was no evac. I was being very careful with grenades -- only used 1 maybe. Yet nothing was recovered at the end of the mission.

Is this expected? Seems odd, why couldn't I just load them on the truck with the supplies?
johnnylump
Site Admin

Re: Protect Supply raid -- No corpses?

Post by johnnylump »

The rule is going to be that you don't get corpses when the aliens attack the Resistance. Balance-wise, this is to prevent you from inducing attacks to gain resources. Narratively, the convoy had to scram before overwhelming forces arrived and couldn't do any post-mission cleanup or collection.

The only exception is the invasion mission, which I can't justify on narrative grounds. Those are punishing enough so you probably won't be inducing them anyway.
Dralex

Post by Dralex »

Ok, makes sense... Though In my defense, one of the drones I killed landed on the back of one of the trucks... Technically they would have had to kick it off.. :)
Narcissistic_Martyr

Post by Narcissistic_Martyr »

Dralex wrote:Ok, makes sense... Though In my defense, one of the drones I killed landed on the back of one of the trucks... Technically they would have had to kick it off.. :)
Didn't have the time to check it for homing beacons. I mean they've got shape shifting goo critters so a homing beacon in their robots and soldiers that take time to disable wouldn't be too odd. I mean otherwise you should be able to just grab an advent corpse or two on the way out since they're person sized.